<ul><li>Choose 3 cardboard strips the same color, and tape to the </li></ul><ul><li>template paper shown: </li></ul>
2. Choose 3 more strips (a different color than your first 3) 3. Weave one strip at a time through the strips you taped down. 1st strip goes - under, over, under 2nd strip goes - over,under, over 3rd strip goes - under, over, under 4. Adjust the strips so all ends are even on the template and the woven part is in the center.
5. Place a small dot of glue in the 4 corners of the woven section. 6. Write your name and class in the center of the woven section. glue glue glue glue Name Period
7. Fold up the ends of the strips right at the edges of the woven section.
8. Take a long strip of colored paper, and using the template, fold as shown then glue ends together.
9. Slip the glued paper strip onto the basket base as shown: (be sure to alternate - inside,outside, inside, outside, etc.)
10. Do the same with 2 more paper strips to finish your square basket. 11. Secure top edges with glue.
12. To make a handle, gently bend a cardboard strip and glue the ends inside the basket, secure with paper clips until glue is dry.