A l e x W a l t i
194 Hallam St., Unit 2 email@example.com (416) 839-2584
Toronto, ON M6H 1X5
A freelance 1st Assistant Director, focusing largely on commercial broadcast content and short films.
January 2002 - Present: Freelance 1st Assistant Director
Recent clients include: McDonalds, Walmart, Future Shop, Cadbury’s, Shaw Media, Bayer, Purina, Crest,
Shoppers Drug Mart, Scotties, Cascade, PC Insurance, Boston Pizza, Zantac, Aleve, Canadian Tire, Fisher
Price, Swiss Chalet, Visine, McCain, BellMedia and affiliates, Titleist, Tim Horton’s, Budweiser, Manulife,
General Mills, Kraft, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Coca Cola, Infinity, Time Warner,
A list of collaborators is available on request.
January 1999 – January 2002: Line Producer / Operations Director
Black Walk Corporation
99 Sudbury Street, Toronto
Web: www.blackwalk.com / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reported directly to the owner and president. Responsible for the management of all music video
client concerns from original project bid to delivery. Developed and maintained client databases,
press releases, promotions, and print materials for 3 annual campaigns and events, such as the
MuchMusic Video awards. Necessary team management included: Contracting and supervision
of production and technical staff, overseeing the scheduling of all facilities, equipment, locations
and services required, post-production and repackaging of the existing product for broadcast.
Notable clients included Universal Music, BMG, Sony Music, MCA Records US, Warner, and EMI.
Note-worthy accomplishments were attained in the following capacities:
● Co-op/Internship Program Director: Created and maintained a successful Co-op/
Internship Program for a total of 12 students.
● A.C.T.R.A. Liaison: Independent feature films “Washed Up”, 1999 and “Ice Men”, 2000.
1994-1998: University of Toronto: Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Honours BA: Interdisciplinary degree in Psychoanalytic Thought.
1986: Neuchâtel Junior College, Switzerland.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English, French and German, both
oral and written.
● Dale Carnegie Course – Effective Speaking and Human Relations: Certificate awarded.
● Fully proficient with Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP and MAC OS X operating systems.
● A positive, energetic, friendly manner, able to deal with challenges with empathy and sincerity
while under pressure.
● Critical thinker with proven creative problem solving ability.
● Well-developed coaching and interpersonal skills.
Health, Music, Food, Culture, History, Language, Design, Technology, Philosophy
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST