Geographical Information of Cuba
- Cuba is in the Caribbean near Haiti, La Republica Dominicana, - Three exports of Cuba are ﬁsh, tobacco, and,
and Puerto Rico. - About 11,204,735 people live in Cuba.
- The official religion in Cuba is Roman Catholic.
- The capital of Cuba is La Habana. - They speak Spanish in Cuba.
- Three major cities in Cuba are Habana, Santiago, and
- Cuba is surrounded by the Gulf of México.
- The mountain range of Cuba is 2,005 meters (6,578 feet)
- The mountains in Cuba are, Cochilla del Toa, El Yunque,
Escrambay, Sierra Maestra, Sierra del Rosario, Topes de
Callantes, and Pico Turquino.
- There are no volcanoes in Cuba.
Currency of Cuba
- In Cuba, the currency is in Cuban Pesos.
- The exchange rate is about 43 cents less
than an American Dollar.
2. Frijoles Negros Dormidos
3. Lechón Asada en Puá
4. Moros y Cristianos
5. Picadillo a la Habanera
6. Pollo a la Barbacoa
Government and Current
- Fidel Castro is the president of Cuba.
-Cuba’s government is communist.
- The poverty line is Cuba is one of the smallest in the
world. They are ranked 8th in the world for least
amount of poverty and 4th in Latin America. The
poverty percent is about 1.5% of people live below the
- Recent news from Cuba is that the medical
availability is higher then ever and many of these
doctors and medical students are seen as the center of
the society in Cuba.
Cuban Liberation Day
- One of the most important Cuban holidays is Cuban
- It is celebrated on January 1st every year.
- It is celebrated because of the victory of the Cuban
- Cuban society does not celebrate this holiday in a
public form because most people are in jails while the
other society not in jail is struggling to provide for their
- The national sports in Cuba is baseball, and boxing.
- Sports in Cuba are important because most people in society in
Cuba play a sport and that’s the closest people get to freedom while
laying sports. Cubans have dominated theses sports and have
surprised people based on their small society.
Cuban Weather/ Climate
- The weather today in Cuba is sunny throughout the day
scattered with some showers. Tonight will be about 23 - 29
- The usual climate in Cuba is is about 70 - 82 degrees
Fahrenheit, but Cuba also has a rainy season from May to
- The average temperature per year in Cuba is 10 degrees
Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cuba had one main historic event. They were
granted their independence under United States
rule in 1902. But the Rise of Fidel Castro ﬁght
back against U.S. rule caused the Cuban Missile
Crisis against the United States.
- Cuba was ﬁrst conquered by Spain thus turning
it into a spanish colony.
- Before the conquistadors came the land was
inhabited by the Arwak, and the Tainos.
Sites of Interest
- One site of interest in Cuba is the Pinar del Another point of interest is La Habana. It is ﬁlled with
Río. It is a swampy coastline showing many agriculture around the city of Havana. This spot is where the
beautiful sites, and no one has to pay to see city of Havana based their society on agriculture, cattle, food,
it. processing ﬁshing, etc. No one has to pay to see la Habana.