1. What’s your CrunchScore? Testing Startup Myths with CrunchBase Data #oohack Helsinki Data Hackathon, October 16, 2012 Exacaster Team Sarunas / Egidijus / Rokas / Andrius / Vidmantas / Justas firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Only 2% Of Startups Did Ever Exit acquired or IPOed 2% raised funding 23% founded 75%
3. Are We Getting Better at Doing Startups Over Time? Ignore – not enough time to exit, yet Year company formed
4. Spot The Flood … And The Lack of Exits
5. Math to the rescue!
6. Our CrunchScoring Algo + Startup CrunchBase profile = Double The Chance of Picking the Right Startup9%8%7%6%5% 8% of companies later exiting within the cohort with a Top4% Predicted CrunchScore3% 4% of companies later exiting within the2% cohort with a Low Predicted1% CrunchScore0% Top 500 scorers sold Remaining companies sold
7. Brought to You in 10 hours by:#oohackHelsinki DataHackathon, October 16, 2012