- 6,041 views
An HIV/AIDS Manual for Youth by Youth...
An HIV/AIDS Manual for Youth by Youth
The manual, Empower: Youth, Arts, and Activism, is designed for youth by youth, and features a diverse range of projects put forward by passionate, inspiring and fired-up individuals committed to social change. Each individual, group and project is committed to challenging social and structural issues around HIV and AIDS. From HIV positive youth fighting stigma to peer education projects and safer sex parties, this manual honours the work of communities creating spaces to talk about the issues that matter most. And, each project is accomplished with the use of art!
This youth, queer, and sex positive manual features work, interviews and hot tips from the following youth activists and programs:
* Prise Positive Take, Montréal
* Fashioning Change, YouthCARE, Toronto
* sprOUT/Compass, Griffin Centre, North Toronto
* PhotoVoice and the Francophone Project, GAAP, Toronto
* The Sense Project: Head & Hands, Montréal
* No Pants No Problem! Safer Sex Party Organizing, from Montréal to Toronto
* Native Youth Sexual Health Network, Turtle Island
* Innovative HIV Prevention by Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention (Black CAP), Toronto
* Playing it Safe Project, YouthCO AIDS Society, Vancouver
* Visual Artist, Jenn Yee.
Partners of Empower: Youth, Arts, and Activism – An HIV/AIDS Arts Activism Manual for
Youth by Youth:
Youth Action Network (YAN)
Gendering Adolescent AIDS Prevention (GAAP)
Centre for Urban Health Initiatives (CUHI)
Printing of the manual has been generously supported by CATIE. To order a FREE copy of the manual please visit the CATIE Ordering Centre at www.catie.ca after the launch. CATIE Centre Catalogue Number ATI-26158. Copies also available for download.
For more information about Empower, please visit www.empoweryouth.ca or contact Sarah Switzer, managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views