BY: MARVIN ADELBY: MARVIN ADELGOD’S WAY OF SALVATIONGOD’S WAY OF SALVATION
What is salvation?Definition of SalvationThe Greek word ‘Sozo’ translated ’save’ or ’saved’means “to save, to make whole, to preserve, or makesafe”Being Delivered/Freedom/Rescued from the penaltyof sin - which means death and eternal separationfrom God.Being in right relationship with God - both now inthis life and for all eternity2
3GOD’S WAY OF SALVATIONGOD’S WAY OF SALVATIONACTS2:36-3736Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God hasmade this Jesus, whom you crucified, bothLord and Messiah.”37When the people heard this, they were cut to theheart and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we do?”
4PLAN OF SALVATION1. HEARING THE WORD2. BELIEVING THE MESSAGE3. ATTITUDE OF REPENTANCE4. CONFESSION OF SURRENDER5. BAPTISM IN WATER
51. HEARING THE WORDQ. It is Necessary to Hear the WORD (BIBLE) in Orderto be Saved. Why?Romans 10:1717Consequently, faith comes from hearing themessage, and the message is heard through the wordabout Christ.One must first hear and understand the Bible beforehe can believe it.If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciple.Then you will know the truth and the truth will setyou free." (John 8:31, 32)
62. BELIEVING THE MESSAGEHebrews 11:6"Without faith it is impossible to please God, becauseanyone who comes to him must believe that he existsand that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.“John 1:12-1312Yet to all who did receive him, to those whobelieved in his name, he gave the right to becomechildren of God—13children born not of naturaldescent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will,but born of God.
72. BELIEVING THE MESSAGE1. You must believe that Jesus died, was buried andwas resurrected on the 3rdday2. You must believe that Jesus s the son of God3. You must believe that Jesus is the only solutionfor you sin4. You must believe that Jesus is the only way tosalvationQ: Do you believe?
83. ATTITUDE OF REPENTANCETo admit that there is sin in your life is thebeginning of salvation”ACTS 17:30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but nowHe commands all people everywhere to repent.What is repentance?The Greek word “repent” is metanoeo; it appears 26times in the New Testament.
93. ATTITUDE OF REPENTANCEdefines metanoeo:1. It means “to change one’s mind,2. It means turning back to God (Acts 20:26).3. It means a change of lifestyle (Lk. 3:8; Mt. 3:8).4.It is a decision that must necessarily be followedby deeds
103. ATTITUDE OF REPENTANCETwo Examples of Repentance:a) Judas’ repentance- (Mt. 27:3-10)b) Peter’s repentance- (Mt. 26:69-75) and Acts 2- “Godly sorrow produces repentance leading tosalvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow ofthe world produces death” (2 Cor. 7:10).
114. CONFESSION OF SURRENDERVerbalized/declared their decision to follow ChristRomans 10:9-109 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,and believe in your heart that God raised Him fromthe dead, you will be saved;10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting inrighteousness, and with the mouth he confesses,resulting in salvation.
125. BAPTISM IN WATERAct 2:38Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you bebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ for theforgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the giftof the Holy Spirit.Act 22:16Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized,and wash away your sins, calling on His name.
135. BAPTISM IN WATERWhat is baptism?a) Baptism (Gr. baptisma): immerse, submerge, to becovered. The context decides “in what” to be immersed.b) Water: the element in which to be baptized (Acts8:36; Jn. 3:23).Baptism is Jesus’ command: (Mk. 16:16)."He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but hewho does not believe will be condemned”
145. BAPTISM IN WATERThe result of baptism1) Remission of sins (Acts 2:38)2) Gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38)3) Salvation (1 Pet. 3:21)4) Added to the Lord’s church (Acts 2:47)5) Newness of life (Rom. 6:34)6) A living hope (1 Pet. 1:3)
15GOD’S WAY OF SALVATIONGOD’S WAY OF SALVATION
EXAMPLE FROM THE BIBLE1. Acts 2: 37-41 (Day of Pentecost)2. Acts 8:26-40 (The Eunuch)1. Acts 16:31:40 (The Jailer)16
FALSE DOCTRINE1. Infant Baptism - to remove original sin and mostimportantly to change their eternal destiny from hell toheaven.a. Baptism – sprinkle of water versus immersion to waterb. Baptism – infant don’t have faith and baptism requiredfaithc. Original sin – introduce in the 2nd century by Irenaeus,Bishop of Lyons-was popularized by Augustine (354 to 431), thebishop of Hippo, declared that a baby, from the momentof conception, is guilty of the original sin of Adam17
FALSE DOCTRINE – INFANTBAPTISMEZEKIEL 18:19-20Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt ofhis father?’ Since the son has done what is just andright and has been careful to keep all my decrees, hewill surely live. 20The one who sins is the one whowill die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent,nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. Therighteousness of the righteous will be credited to them,and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged againstthem.18