1. Insert photo of speakerhere891 pixels h x 688 pixels w10 ways to makeMagento faster thathave (almost) nothingto do with MagentoTechnical Manager of Educationand ConsultingKevin Schroeder@kpschrade http://www.eschrade.com/
2. Some stuff I’ve done
3. “Why you no build fast website!?”(This is your boss asking you)
4. Watch your resources0%10%20%30%40%50%60%70%80%90%100%WaitIdleSystemUser
5. Watch Out For AllowOverride00.020.040.060.080.10.120.140.160.180.21 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17With .htaccessWithout .htaccess05001000150020002500With .htaccess Without .htaccessTop System Calls Throughput
6. Watch Out For AllowOverride00.050.10.150.200.020.040.060.080.10.120.14
8. Give the customer something to look atWhich looks worse to your customer?What is more important?How fast your site actually isor how fast your customer thinks it is?
9. Keep content close to the customer00.10.20.30.188.8.131.52.8US US US CA US US US US US GB US US US US US US BR BR GB TRConnection close times by country to eschrade.com
10. 00.511.522.533.54132639412515618721824928031134237340443546649752855959062165268371474577680783886990093196299310241055108611171148117912101241Minimize external service callsWhat are these?
11. Watch blocking network operations05001000150020002500NginX Over NFS NginX On Local
12. Watch blocking network operations
13. Focus more on the end user, less on rawpage statsWhat people tendto focus onWhat you shouldfocus on
14. Reduce distinct assetsWhich is better?
15. Not Convinced?
16. Need More Evidence?
17. Test with production scale data
18. • Put data as close to the endpointas reasonably as is possible• Minimize superfluous operationsas reasonably as is possible• Never redo an operation unless itis unreasonable to do soPrinciples of High Performance