2. This presentation will show the creation of the three parts of my magazine and the reason behind it. I began by asking the opinions of my class mates as they knew the concept of the process of making it and also had their own creation to compare the magazine with. I recorded the responses of some of my class mates to show their first thoughts. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=app_2392950137&ref=profile&id=627213097#!/video/video.php?v=416220908097 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=app_2392950137&ref=profile&id=627213097#!/video/video.php?v=416224148097 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=app_2392950137&ref=profile&id=627213097#!/video/video.php?v=416226773097 I really like the masthead! It’s really good! I really love the colouring! My target audience: Middle to late teens. male and female. people interested in music . genre punk/rock and indie
3. <ul><li>I Then made a questionnaire on the internet site called 'facebook'. This was because it was the site that my target audience mostly uses. I asked them all different questions about my magazine so i could get useful unbiased opinions. I also put the copy’s of my magazine so any of my friends could see them and leave comments. </li></ul>Will show if I hit my target audience interests Will show which is the strongest part of my magazine Will show if people will be happy to buy it Will show the best place to sell the magazine Will show if my magazine could be successful or not Will show if I hit target audience.
4. PICTURE COMMENTS
5. Where do you think you’d find my magazine? From asking this question a found out where my target audience would expect to find my magazine, this therefore shows me the best place to sell the product to get the most buyers. I also researched where other magazine’s which a similar target group and magazine genre sell their magazines which turned out to be most newsagents. Who do you think this magazine is for? By asking this question I found out whether I successfully appealed to my target audience. A high percentage of the people chose ‘teenagers’. I was pleased with this as my target audience was for middle to late teenagers. The genre I chose was punk/rock and indie. What do you think of my magazine? All of my results for this question was the positives. As no one selected either of the negative answers it shows that my magazine has been successful hitting my target audiences interest. I looked at my target audiences interests to get idea’s of what would capture their interest as they lose interest easily
6. Target Audience – how to capture their interest <ul><li>I looked at my target audiences interests to get idea’s of what would capture their interest as they lose interest easily. I looked at where they spend a lot of their time so my magazine advertisement would get maximum use. I also looked at other magazine with a similar target audience to see where they advertise themselves. From that I know which places would be best to advertise my magazine we the most effect response. </li></ul>my target audience was for middle to late teenagers. The genre I chose was punk/rock and indie.
7. barcode Left third masthead Page number Article Pull quote Logo masthead Skyline Main image Main image Logo My magazine’s tends to follow the main forms and conventions of media. The front cover , double page spread and contents pages all include masthead s and pull quotes. masthead Main cover line Image of the band Pull quote Page numbers Pull quote By sticking to the main conventions of media I am able to be comfortable that my magazine conforms to what magazine buyers expect. If i had challenged the conventions more my magazine would have stood out more from other magazines, but i would not have been able to be so comfortable that they would be appealing to buyers.
8. To represent my magazine as punk/rock and indie I had the band members pose in front of backgrounds that were generally grungy, dirty and had graffiti on them. I got the band members wearing leather jackets, dark jeans and scruffy shoes. When taking the pictures I made sure they were relaxed and posing in a natural way to show that they don't care how they come across to people.
9. <ul><li>The main institution most likely to distribute my product would be a newsagents. I know this for asking my target audience where they would think they would find my magazine. Most people said ‘newsagents’. This means that similar genre of magazines would be sold there and that my magazine would fit in. </li></ul><ul><li>Also my target audience thought that my main magazine competitor would be ‘NME’ magazine. I research where this would be mainly sold (which is in news agents) this therefore backed up the idea that the news agents is the best place for my magazine to be sold. </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>From making the project I have learnt the complexity of photo shop and the high-tech/professional looking products it can produce. </li></ul><ul><li>I learnt how long it takes to create pages from the magazine </li></ul><ul><li>I learnt how to use layering and how effective it can be towards a product. </li></ul><ul><li>I have also learnt how other media types can help add to the overall creation of the product. I used face book to help find out reactions to my magazine. I used the internet to research other magazine’s and to help construct my magazine. </li></ul><ul><li>I found out the effective ways I can advertise my product in many different ways of media. ( websites/ radio/posters/shops) </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>From doing the project I have learnt : </li></ul><ul><li>How to use paint shop pro efficiently to produce unique and professional looking work. </li></ul><ul><li>How to take quality / focused photographs and to change colour levels so they standout more effectively. </li></ul><ul><li>To create work so it appeals to a certain audience correctly </li></ul><ul><li>To use lots of different sources to get idea’s and help create my project. </li></ul>