A suvey about the use of IT among teachers Conducted at elementary and lower-secondary schools in Tarnowskie Góry county
1. Are you freely allowed to make use of the IT classroom? A) Yes B) No C) Sometimes 14 13141210864 120
2. Which programs or aplications do you use for preparing your lessons? A) Microsoft Word B) Microsoft Excel C) Microsoft Powerpoint D) Windows Media Player E) Winamp F) Other- Corel Draw G) None25 22 192015 1110 7 65 2 00
3. Which programs or aplications do you use during the lesson? 24252015 A) The same as in the question above B) Other- Corel Draw C) None105 2 20
5. What do you use IT for with students?18 171614 1312 11 11 A) To consolidate students knowledge 10 B) To increase students participation and motivation10 C) To present the material D) To test students knowledge8 7 E) To work with talented students F) To work with weaker students6420 1
4. How often do you use these programs? 1010987 66 A) Once a week 5 B) Twice a week C) Once a month5 D) Rarely 4 E) Never43 2210 1
6. Does the usage of IT facilitate your work during the lesson? 25252015 A) Yes B) No C) It does not concern me10 35 00
7. Do you use IT in your teaching profession?30 262520 A) Yes B) No C) Sometimes15105 2 00
8. What do you use the internet for in your profession?30 27 2625 2020 A) To search for interesting information B) To browse and use specific information services C) To look for ideas for preparing a lesson15 D) Other E) I do not use the internet in my teaching profession105 0 00
9. Where did you learn to make use of IT?25 2320 16 A) IT course15 B) Self-education C) Postgraduate IT studies 12 D) I am not able to make use of IT A) & B) B) & C)105 3 2 00
Conclusions The survey was conducted among teachers of elementary and lower-secondary schools in Tarnowskie Góry county. They were asked to fill 9survey multiple choice questions. Furthermore, they were also asked towrite their years of teaching practice and the subject that they teach. There are few conclusions that ought to be made after evaluating theresults of the survey. What first comes to mind is the usage of IT amongteachers with different job seniority, for, as the survey presented, it wasyounger teachers who made use of IT more often than their oldercoleagues. Teachers from 1 to 15 years of practice made use of moreprograms, aplications and IT in general than teachers with longer teachingpractice. Another interesting conclusion may be that most teachers learnedthe usage of IT by themselves. Indeed, there is a respectable group ofpeople who attended IT course, nevertheless, the results may assume thatit is self-education and consistancy that provides you with the bestknowledge of the use of IT.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.