This extensive 20,000 word research report explores the attitudes of Internet users in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to issues of cybersafety, online security and data privacy.
The research covers five areas:
1. Access to technology: At a household level across the Middle East and North Africa.
2. Attitudes: Exploring the views of Internet users in MENA towards the web.
3. Level of Concern: Examining issues such as the re- purposing of personal online data and concerns about personal accounts being hacked.
4. Trust: Determining trust in different Internet actors - from Governments to Banks and ISPs - and whether users feel that their data is safe online.
5. Behaviors: Seeing if these attitudes and concerns are reflected in the online activities undertaken by MENA’s Internet population.
Interested in our work?
Report also available on: http://www.ictqatar.qa/en/rassed/major-studies