Mu2 pushback and the impact it can have on your practice
Meaningful Use 2 Timeline
Shift; What It Means For Your
Yet another MU 2 pushback; but is there a
reason to cheer?
• MU2 has been extended through
• This give Eligible Professionals
(EPs) enough time to formulate a
more solid Meaningful Use plan.
Some Breathing Room…
• Eligible professionals who attest
in 2014 will get an extra year in
• EHR vendors can have more
time to revamp their systems
and focus on the Achilles heel
of most EHRs, interoperability.
More time for MU3…
• The deadline shift will offer
medical practices some amount
of space and flexibility.
• More time would be there to
prepare for Meaningful Use stage
Can the shift impact ICD 10
• The answer is unluckily YES.
• “October 1st 2014 is a date set
in stone according to senior
health insurance specialist at
CMS, Denescia Green.”
• A bitter disappointment for
physicians who were hoping for a
delay in ICD 10.
• One major advantage, is that
medical practices can utilize and
focus their resources, on ICD 10
Have great staff on board?
• With 2014 being a hectic year,
not concentrating on hiring or
disastrous for practices!
• Practices can rely on trained
personnel and not pushbacks for
Eager to know more on Meaningful Use stage 2
for your medical practice?
Visit our website here: