PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DEL ECUADOR SEDE AMBATOCREATIVE EXPRESSION FOR THE ENGLISH TEACHING PURPOSAL :AN STORY THAT MOTIVE TO THE CHILDREN TO DEVELOP THE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. NAME: ING. MONICA MAYORGA TUTOR: MAG.MARCIA MANTILLA
1. GENERAL INFORMATION2. IDENTIFIATION OF THE PROJECT3. PROJECT DESCRIPTION4. EVALUATION4. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE CAN BE ASSESSED MOST DIRECTLY BY ASKING A CHILDREN TO SOLVE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS, IDENTIFYING THE EMOTION AND OUTCOME IN A STORY THOUGH LITERATURE AND THEN EVALUATING THE CHILDREN’S ANSWER AGIANST CRITERIA OF ACCURACY .
2. IDENTIFIATION OF THE PROJECT Once upon a time there was a miller who had three sons. When he died he left his mill to the eldest son, his ass to the second son, and his cat to the youngest, who had always been his favourite.ANALIZE THE BOOTS CAT STORY UNFINISHED WHICH CONTAINS ILLUSTRATIONS TO THE CHILDREN CONTINUE ENDING.
3. PROJECT DESCRIPTION • HAND OUT JUST THE BEGINNINGINFORMATION INFORMATION OF THE BOOT CAT STORY • LOOK FOR THE MEANING OF WORDS IN THE DICTIONARY. MATERIAL • USE ANY KIND OF MATERIAL TO ACT LIKE THE CHARACTERS . • WORKING IN PAIRS OF GROUPS • ANALIZING THE OUTCOME OF THE STORY TASK • PLANNING THE REPORT • DOING A PLAY ROLE ABOUT THE STORY
GENERAL OBJETIVE ENFORCE AN UNFINISHED STORY WHICH ALLOW TO THE STUDENTS APPLYING THE LITERATURE TO PROMOTE THE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE.
JUSTIFICACIONTHIS IS A CREATIVEACTIVITY BECAUSETHE STORY WILL BEIMAGINATE ANDDISCUSS BY THECHILDREN THOUGHLITERATURE.
MAIN IMPACT TO BE ACHIEVEDFINISHING THE STORY HELP TO THECHILDREN USE WORDS TO EXPRESSTHOUGHTS, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, FEELINGS,AND PHYSICAL NEEDS TO NURTURE THEEMOTIONAL INTELIGENCE.
DESCRIPTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF PROPOSAL Introduces a unfinished Story gradually as children become interested to use language structure to end motivating to stimulated their intelligence.
METHODOLOGY The Communicative language Teaching methodology is use in this case because the language is teaching by practicing basic structures in meaningful situations- based activities. Althought it pays systematic attention to functional as well as structural aspects of language. It means using procedures where learners work in pairs or groups employing language resources in problem- solving task.
STRATEGIES. Work in groups . Didactic material
CHRONOGRAM OF ACTIVITIES 17-oct 20-oct 23-oct 26-oct 30-oct 04-nov obtaining sources Researching Information Proposal power pointPreparing illustrations for final proposal Aplication
RESOURCES COMPUTER TARGETS COPIES COLORS PEN AND PENCILS
4. EVALUATION CONCLUSIONS AND RESULTS OBTAINED. The Boot Cat Story has been demostrated as an instrument of learning at the Students . They demostrated caring , empath, tolerance and cooperation . The Students applied their own strategie of language . They tried to figure out how the autor riveals the character’s emotion. They were freedom playing role about the Boot Cat Story. Encourage sharing of dictionary The learning of the language was developed using vocabulary and structure sentences of grammar.
RECOMENDATIONS If the learners often practice doing Reading and speeching are activities,The learnersresources to the children develop will be applied the their emotion to increase their English Language in Intelligence. anywhere Using the role play is Aplying the important to help the Literatute get to the children to become Children to develop more creative and their knowledges intellectual though own deeper and brain. emotions experienced by Story Charactes
4. SOURCES OF INFORMATION Vandergrift , Children Literature. Theory, research and teaching , Englewood, CO, 1990. Goleman, Emotional Intelligence, Hemann Education Books. Jack Richards and Theodore S. Rodgers, Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching, , Manoa, 2002. Proaño Jaime, Maestria en Proyectos Educativos, Quito, 2002.