5 things to know about me THAT MATTER TO CS377T
1. scannedpeople’s brainswhile they werehypnotizedTrue story. I spent the lasttwo years at Stanfordcollaborating with Dr. Spiegel(Psychiatry) and Dr. Greicius(Neurology) collecting andanalyzing fMRI data of peoplein a deep and relaxing stateof suggestive hypnosis.
2. taught ~200studentsdifferent waysto breatheI teach a course called“yesplus” (MED 130) throughthe Stanford Medical school -students learn how toharness their breathing toget desired states of mind(e.g., wakefulness, relaxation).
3. designed online meditationexperiencesI did UX research and design consulting fora platform that hosts online groupmeditations called meditate.ly. The startupended up dissolving and I have manylearnings I’d love to share in CS377T!
4. driven by a deeply personalquestion and research interestHow do we maintain personal practices likemeditation? My background is inpsychology and behavioral sciences fromMgGill University - I want to answer thisquestion from a behavioral perspective.
5. learning,design, andtechnologyMasters studentI’m in this Masters programbecause I care about peoplelearning how to maintaintheir wellness and health.After Stanford, I see myselfdoing R&D for wellnessproducts that could be usedin schools and/or businesses.