• It was less than a hundred years ago that women world-wide were just beginning to persuade men, (and perhaps even themselves), that they were more than merely a domestic commodity, a piece of property, and a birthing machine.• Seriously . . . No woman anywhere in the world had any rights.
• In fact, it was only in 1917 that women in Canada (where I am from) were first even considered “a person”?
• Canada led the way for many other countries around the world, including the United States in 1920, to grant suffrage to women—the opportunity to vote and run for office.• Many countries did not follow suit until the 1940’s and 50’s, with many still keeping women in oppression today.
• Women had to fight for their rights and freedom. (And there are still many countries where women still have absolutely no rights. Not even to show their ankles!)
• Men have always had the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”• Men are born a Mr. and die a Mr.
• Women today are still born a Miss and then become identified by their marital status: Mrs. or Ms.• We woman simply haven’t been empowered.
• Many of us are still trying to find our voice, our purpose, and our passion. We still aren’t exactly sure what to do and how to do it. (In fact, we still aren’t paid the same amount for the same job that a man does!)
• We—you and me—are literally the first or second generation, in the entire legacy of women who came before us, who’ve had real rights!
• The SWAT Institute is the next era in the movement for women’s equality and liberation. We are not anti-man!• We are women empowering women; teaching others how to step into their greatness and to catch up with men.
• We aren’t looking to run the show, be the boss, or force anyone’s hand. We merely want to find our own place, use our own talents, and make the world a better place, one special valuable worthy woman at a time.
• Dr. James Emmanuel Kwegyir-Aggrey (1875- 1927), one of this century’s greatest educators said that:• “If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a nation.”
And “that” is why The SWAT Institute is for Women ONLY!