By Zayne Reardon - Ball
Take a tour of Italy
Where do you want to go ?
Flag and map
Click here to exit
The climate in Italy is warm in the
north. But in the winter temps can
reach below freezing.
Occasionally with some rain fall.
But very dry heat in the south
•Mount Blanc or Monte Bianco 4,810 meters
or 5781 feet above sea level.
•The longest river in Italy is called the Po
stretching about 652 kilometers.
•Although Italy is only made up of two large
islands, Sicily and Sardinia.
This is the Po river.
•Italy is one giant peninsula
•It is surrounded by water on three
•Italy has mainly two mountain
ranges, the Alps and the
The people include many different
cultures in Italy Religion
In 2007 the population of Italy was
The people include small clusters of
German, French and Slovene
• A large portion of Italian people are
• Some of the people are very well educated
and some are simple farmers.
• The people in Italy work hard and get a lot
of extra time after.
• The Italian people have a very artistic
• Christianity was the rule ink Italy.
• Christianity was the idea of religious
• Sense world war two the economy has
• It started as agriculturally based.
• Now it is ranked fifth in the world in the
•Food is a big part of Italian
•The north and the south of
Italy differ in taste.
•The south has spicy cuisine
the north does not.
Major disasters of Italy
• Italy has risked lots of major disasters by reducing
• Animals and plants are disappearing and risking
• In the past there have been earthquakes more
than 5 on the rector scale.
•In Italy there are different holidays then we have in
•Some they have there are the same we have here.
•Like Easter , Christmas, and New Years but they have
two days for Easter Sunday and Monday .
• In the Italian culture the people wear masks to
hide their identity.
• The Italian culture is bold rich and colorful.
• Italy is the cornerstone of the western
• Soccer is the main sport in Italy.
• But they also play basketball.
• They like cycling as well. Soccer
Soccer in Italy
• Although soccer is played in Italy a lot it is
not there only sport.
• It is still the most played sport in italy.
• Italy now is working on a world cup.
Rugby in Italy
• In Italy they play a version of football
• Rugby is a sport known all over the world
franc Ireland and Scotland also play the
• Rugby in Italy is a big sport next to soccer.
Basketball in Italy
• Many sports fans are shocked that
basketball is so popular in Italy.
• The game has quickly been taken over to
Europe and become popular.
• Most of this was only amateur basketball.
Cycling in Italy
• Cycling goes back in history for Italy.
• It has been in in the Italian life for a long
• Cycling is not leaving Italy for a long time.
Tennis in Italy
• 30 years have passed since the last big
win for Italy.
• It has been some ruff years for Italy in
• I think Italy can come back.
• Italians are not big breakfast eaters.
• The biggest meal of the day is lunch,
followed by the siesta.
• They will have a snack after the meals like
in the summer they will have ice-cream.
Flag and Map
• This is the
• The map of
like a boot.
• That is haw