3D LASER SCANNER
USED EXTENSIVELY FOR REVERSE
DIGITAL PARTS CATALOGUE
Engine Housing for an obsolete model of agricultural Tractor vehicle required
a complete set of Digital Drawings in order to ensure future repair and
maintenance / spares manufacturability.
The Project was taken as a challenge
Starting by making 3D Point Clouds Data, the final CAD models for a total of 11
components were accomplished in less than 60 days
Original part Point Cloud Data Model
CAD VS. Cloud Inspection using
PowerInspect® & Geomagic Qualify®
Original CAD Model
• A Motorcycle Chassis Trim was manufactured using newly developed Toolings and it
was required to be inspected if it conformed to the original Design.
• So using 3D Laser Scanning, points-cloud data was generated and compared against
the original 3D CAD model.
• Variations were then traced and controlled.
• A sculpture of Mr. Muhammad Ali Jinnah (Quaid-e-Azam) – the Founder of
Pakistan, was 3D Laser Scanned. The points-cloud data was used to
produce a 3D CAD Model.
• The 3D CAD Model was then used to produce 10 replicas of the same
sculpture through SLS Rapid Prototyping methods.
Original Sculpture Point Cloud
3D CAD Model
DIGITIZATION OF SCULPTURE
MOULD DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE
Mud Flap Fuel tank Side mirror cover
DIGITAL 3D CAD CATALOGUES
INNOVATIVE DESIGN CHANGES
DIGITAL DESIGN DATA GENERATION FOR
LOAD ANALYSIS AND REINFORCEMENTS