Enterprise IP Telephony
ROI (Return On Investment)
Savings related to IP Telephony Falls
into two categories
● Measurable Savings
– Branch office calling
– Conference bridging
– Long Distance Calling
– FMC Fix-Mobile-
● Implicit Savings
– Call forwarding / follow me
– CTI Computer Telephony integration
– Automatic Call Distribution
– IVR Interactive Voice response
– Teleworker integration
– CRM Integration
– CDR Call Detail Record/Reporting
Measurable Saving: Branch office
● If you have two offices, one in Islamabad and other in
● Suppose total 100 calls per day made either way from
ISD office to KHI or vice virsa. Average call duration
2.5 Minutes. National Telco round off to 3 minutes 300
X 100 = 300 Minutes X 1.10 Rs = Rs 330 without Tax
● AND with TAX = 440 Rs approx / Day.
● Per year you can save 440 X 22 days X 12 Month=Rs 116,160
● Tedious process of getting conference-bridging facility from
local telco costs you different.
● Example: The biggest Pakistan cellular Telco charges Rs. 50
per month and are applied to all “Conference Bridge”
● If 5 participants do conference bridging between your two or
more office it costs as under
● 10 participants x Rs 500 monthly = 500 Monthly OR Rs 6000
● IP Telephony saves you Rs 6000 Annually
Measurable Savings: Long Distance
● Mostly Local Telco charge Per minute billings compare to SIP trunking
providers per second billing. If your organization talks 30 minutes daily
outside Pakistan. These are 7920 Minutes per year. Suppose 7920
Minutes are average 3 Min call. 80% would be somehwere 2-3 minutes
but you pay round of 3 minutes. Average you paying 2000 minutes bill
for not talking! You pay 25% extra even on same rates.
● Fact is “Even same rates” does not exist in SIP trunk provider they are
already 70% of Local Telco rates.
● IP Telephony gives you freedom to choose any SIP Provider which can
save around 50% on Long Distace Calling.
● If your local Telco Annual bill of International Calling is Rs 50,000 then
IP Telephony Saves Rs 25,000 per year
Measurable Savings: FMC Fix-
● If your 20 employees organization is typically calling mobile networks
30 Minutes Daily. Total 20 Employees X 30 Minutes = 600 Minutes
Daily or 160,000 Annually. Using FIX Telco will cost you Rs 500,000
● IP Telephony uses Mobile Networks as Trunks beside Local Fix line
Telco. Average postpaid packages cost Rs 0.5 / Minutes with Tax Total
mobile Calls bill around. Rs 80,000.
● Saving Approx Rs 420,000 per year with FMC.
● Well buy your worker a Suzuki car for giving this bright idea :)
Measurable Saving: Conclusion
● Typical Enterprise with Multi-offices 20+ Employees each
branch. Can save total Rs 567,160 per year by switching to
IP Telephony at its full extent.
● Cost of such IP Telephony solution is typically starting Rs
500,000-600,000 with 1 year support contract.
● For sure switching to IP Telephony pays off entire project's
cost within 1-1.5 year. Gains from IT telephony in terms of
productivity are enormous..
Implicit Savings: Call forwarding /
● Your salesman in office or on the road he would
never miss a lead which results boost in sales.
● Likewise Support staff never miss a call so increase
in customer satisfaction, customer retention.
Implicit Savings: Automatic Call
● Calls are routed to proper department rather then
individuals with no-clue. Saves time and overheads
in routing the calls.
● Problem resolution become possible on first-contact
person in particular department.
● Keep your operator / receptionist less busy while
achieve more results.
Implicit Savings:Intelligent IVR
● Yes that's right! Intelligent IVR can save manpower,
● Press 3 to hear office directions.
● Press 4 to access your account information.
● Example: A tracking company with no-human can
tell its customer location of his/her automobile.
Implicit Savings: Teleworker
● Your Teleworker in his home, on the road or
traveling abroad. He/she can connect to your
enterprise Phone system seamlessly.
● Teleworker option saves your overheads in terms of
allocating new office space.
Implicit Savings: CRM Integration
● Click-to-Dial from CRM customer Phone number.
● Become more agile and responsive organization.
● Record Phone activity with other activities.
● Certainly per resource productivity is also a savings
which cannot be quantified easily. But huge!!!
Implicit Savings: CDR
● CDR Calls Detailed Record in access of higher
management prevent misuse of Phone-system.
● It is observed lower management works more
efficiently when they know they are being observed
and answerable for their actions.
● Reporting also help increase in transparency.
We believe IP Telephony (Phone System) is viable option for
any size business.
Call us +0092-51-2355193-4 or Email: email@example.com
give us opportunity to explain how Nethawk IP PBX solution
can make difference in your organization.
● Rao Shaharyar is founder and CEO of Nethawk Pvt Ltd. Graduated from IBA Karachi university. 10 years
experience in corporate sector and 5 year experience of successfully CRM and IP PBX for small and medium
businesses in Pakistan and abroad.