Be the first to like this
This draft proposed following main issue related to Urban Livelihoods:
• The Right to Work has to be recognised and legislated as a Fundamental Right.
• Complementary laws have to be put in place to provide Living Wages and Social Security.
• Secure Shelter near Work is a necessity for the urban poor.
• Government must assist community based Self Help programmes.
• Participatory Research yields Norms for planning livelihoods and shelter.
• Both require the three basic elements of Legal Credit, Space, and Tenure.
• There has to be Accountability and accessible Grievance Redressal Mechanisms.