Name The Coca Cola Company
Industries served Beverages
Geographic areas served Worldwide
Headquarters Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Current CEO Muhtar Kent
Revenue $ 48.01 billion (2012)
Profit $ 9.01 billion (2012)
• To refresh the world...
• To inspire moments of optimism and happiness...
• To create value and make a difference.
• People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the
best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands
that anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs.
• Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers,
together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping
build and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being
mindful of our overall responsibilities.
• Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
• Focus on the Market
• Work Smart
• Act Like Owners
• Be the Brand
Global Marketing Strategies
The company’s popular advertising slogans and catchy jingles played into the hearts and minds
of people around the world. Some of the most remembered advertising slogans include:
• “Drink Coca-Cola.”
• “Things go better with Coke.”
• “Good ‘til the last drop.”
• “It’s the real thing.”
• “Always Coca-Cola.”
• “Life tastes good.”
Coupled with these slogans, songs were used to have consumers remember the brand. One of the company’s
most popular jingles was known as “I want to buy the world a coke,” produced in 1971 by Billy Davis.
The commercial featuring this song portrayed a world of hope and love produced by a group of multicultural
teenagers on top of a hill.
Coca- Cola in INDIA
Coke took over Parle in 1994. Thus it had ready access to over 2,00,000 retailer outlets and 60 bottlers. This was
a huge advantage over Pepsi.
Also, there was the most convincing factor for the tie-up, that Parle's Position in the Indian soft drinks market and
Coca-Cola's marketing strengths and experience would make an unbeatable combination. At that time according
to Fortune, Coke was the world's best brand. Even Coke would greatly benefit from the tie-up, as Coke with
Parle’s wide spread bottling and distribution network, which was spread over more than a thousand
towns and cities and the gradual withdraw of Parle brand would ensure Coke would be the king. Parle's best
known brands include Thums Up, Limca, Citra and others were GOLD SPOT and Maaza. In short, Coca-Cola
Company became the exclusive owner of Thums Up, Limca, Gold Spot, Citra and Maaza and could therefore,
withdraw them from the market whenever it would want to.
The biggest advantage to Parle from the tie-up would be an instant gain of $ 40 million, which could be used
profitably in other ventures.
Coca-Cola in CHINA
To raise the international profile of the brand further, Coca-Cola entered the third biggest country in the world -
CHINA. Therefore Coca-Cola is one of the earliest US company entries Chinese marketing since 1927. The first
bottling manufacture factory established in Shanghai and Tianjin, this is the first time that Chinese people drink
the new types, high-quality drinks. Till 1948 Shanghai become the first city outside Unites exceeded sales 100
• In 1979 , the first 28,000 boxes of bottled and canned coca-cola products were shipping from Hong Kong to
mainland china to sales.
• The first coca-cola bottling manufacture factory was established in Beijing in 1981
• Now there are 35 bottling company and 29 manufacture factory for coca-cola products in china,
• More than 30,000 people working in Coca-Cola, 99% stuff are Chinese local .
• Over the past 5 years of business in china the Coca-Cola company to be the main leadership in Chinese soft
drink market, china become the world's third largest market for Coca-Cola as well.
Coca-Cola in CHINA
China has almost four or five thousand years history to drink tea, to the
Chinese people tea is not just drink it is a type of culture. For this especially
culture Coca-Cola made the product strategy for Chinese marketing to sale
Nestea ice rush lemon tea.
The Coca-Cola' s partner in china have the effective marketing occupation, the
Swire group occupied southern part and central part market ,Kerry Group's
business including North , Southwest, and Beijing, COFCO control sites
including the northwest, northeast, Hunan, Hainan, and other areas, so for the
share market area Coca-Cola 's sales market channel like a big net hold the
2008 was the fantastic year for Coca-Cola when china held the Olympic game
in Beijing; it is create a unique opportunity to the world to understand a new
china and new Coca-Cola china.
The major segmentation elements for consumer markets are: Geographic, Demographic, psychographic and
Developing the global businesses for the geographic and operating segmentation Coca-Cola divided the world
into six parts: Eurasia, Africa, Europe, Latin American, North American and Asia Pacific.
• Coca-Cola company purchase the vehicles for the factory to responsible for the drinks to retailers
• giving free refrigerators, umbrellas to retailers, the company trying to find the different ways to perfect
their customer services.
• once the people will think about Coca-Cola when they want to drink ,no matter where you are ,you can
find a Coca-Cola around you ,like grocery stores, restaurants, street vendors, convenience stores, movie
theaters and amusement parks, the products covered among many others public squares.
• There are 3 key points of the Coca-Cola company- Quality, Customers and Consumers.
Coca-Cola in Bangladesh
• Coca-Cola entered Bangladesh in 1965 through an agreement with
• Currently, Abdul Monem and Pran Group bottle Coca-Cola's drinks in
• The US$50m Tongi-based facility was supposed to be operational by
September 2013. The plant will produce Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta,
juice-based drinks and bottled water.