What is it• StumbleUpon is a discovery engine (a form of search engine) that finds and recommends web content to its users.• Its features allow users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos that are personalized to their tastes and interests using peer-sourcing and social networking principals.
• Toolbar versions exist for google chrome, internet explorer, firefox and opera. There is no support for safari =[.• Stumbleupon apps exist for the iPhone, android market and amazon market.
History• StumbleUpon was founded in November 2001• by Garrett Camp, Geoff Smith, Justin LaFrance and Eric Boyd• StumbleUpon was owned by Ebay from may 2007 until April 2009 when Garrett Camp, Geoff Smith and several investors bought it back.
Purpose• If your bored and looking for something to entertain you for hours. This is the website you want to go to.
Highlights• StumbleUpon has extension/add-ons for all major browsers, on Firefox the toolbar looks like the image above, and in Chrome it looks like this:
• The toolbar is a very convenient way of organizing your bookmarks, all you have to do is either click on "I like it!" button or "thumbs down" button. You can add links to your favorites and also share it with other stumblers or your friends via email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Like I mentioned earlier, SU lets you choose your topics of interests, and presents you links accordingly:
• You can also Stumble within popular websites:
• Talk bubble brings you to a page like this where you can submit reviews or comments for the page and also see who else has liked this page as well.
• A service that was released in 2006, Stumblevideo is a site that even those without the SU toolbar can use it.
• Su.pr is one of the latest service by SU that not only lets users shorten links like you do with bit.ly or TinyURL, but also lets you share these shortened links on Twitter or Facebook instantly.
• You can sign-up using an email address or you can login through your Facebook.