Philippines growing population load also to growing numbers
of students in public schools. Because of its large numbers, sometimes
the way of teaching was not that advanced compare with other
countries due to insufficient funds. Education is the best foundation,
that we always say, but how can move on to the next level of
improvement if our foundation is still too traditional and too manual.
This study is formulated and designed to somehow contribute
for the reformation of an education process. This also aims to increase
competitiveness and passion of all the students from lower to higher
year of this country.
Hope this designed system of us will be a big influence to the
goals and way of thinking of every student of today’s generation.
Background of the Study
As we all know, process in the Philippines from ancient
times until today is relatively in common, we are still pursuing the
so called traditional manual way. During lecture and quiz, because
of large number of student teachers find it hard preparing test
questionnaires, consolidating and most of all coming up with the
results and it really takes time on the part of the teachers that
sometimes seeks assistance from their trust worthy pupils. Since we
are now industrial period, that’s why this study aims to develop a
system that will surely aids our teacher needs in public school to
improve efficiency with the help of computer based application. On
the other hand, these particular systems will not only benefits on
the teacher but also unfold the reality or students mind the
advantage of information technology to our everyday living.
Statement of the Problem
• How to create a Computer Aided Instruction that will help students
learn about the subject Hekasi (Sibika at Kultura) in more
interesting way with use of multimedia application?
• How to create a module that will include to determine the lessons in
Hekasi (Sibika at Kulutra)?
• How to develop a module where students can access their lesson or
lecture and quiz.
• How to make a security that protects the program?
Objectives of the Study
• The system aims to introduce the faculty members and most of all
the students (elementary) into new world of machines, computer
applications and automated processes that will surely make their life
easier and systematic
• How to make an easy and non-paper work?
• How to make a program that store the test and check automatically?
• How to make an user friendly application?
• How to make a computerized lecture that easy to use?
Significance of the study
The Computer Aided Instruction System comprises the factors
sorroundings the infrustracture of grade V student’s subject of Hekasi
(Sibika at Kultura) this includes the following:
• A system designed for two users, the teacher and the students.
• The teachers have all the access in the system and he/she can add or
remove any topic they like.
• The students are limited to access lectures and quizzes only.
• The lectures and quizzes are in database.
• A report of students quizzes and progress
• Viewing all the scores progress of students
• Linking the database that are scattered in their computers to the
• Not printable the quiz score.
• The system intended only for subject Hekasi (Sibika at Kultura).
Documentation of the Current
• Andres Bonifacio Elementary School named after Andres
Bonifacio, the founder of the Katipunan, also recognized as "The
father of the Philippine Revolution”. School includes Mission and
Vision of school
Andres Bonifacio Elementary School the system nerve center of
instructional leadership and educational innovation responsive to:
Increase flexibility and renewed commitment of promoting
organizational efficiency through qualitative performance of value have
laden lifelong learners.
Equip every leaner essential knowledge skill and attitudes
geared towards productive and development – oriented participation in
a caring environment.
Develop a corps of yell – trained committed facilitator’s of
learning who consistently aim at peak performance.
Cultivate acclimate of shared responsibilities that seeks to
enhance empathy and sensitivity among stakeholders.
Description of the System
In Andres Bonifacio Elementary School, the teacher used a
manual procedure were they write the lecture in the board, some
teacher write in manila paper or in the board that can be cause a lot
of time and then if they need to have a quiz the teacher make a
questions for the quiz, after the quiz the teacher ask the student to
pass the papers so that the teacher can check and manually write it
down the class record of the student and it can takes a lot of time.
– The teacher must produce a big effort to explain more and to
– Speak out loudly and clearly the lecture for the student.
– The teacher needs well versed the topic and explain clearly so
that the student can understand it.
– Every time the students take a quiz the teacher always has a
trouble of checking a large amount of paper.
• Absent of students
– If the students are absent they always miss some of the lectures
and quiz if there is, the teacher will no longer explain the topic
of that particular lecture or make the student take the quiz that
they miss on that day.
Software Design Specification
The Computer Aided Instruction System designed for
student it conduct security of this application or system we have
username and password for the teacher. Have the limitation for those
students what they view in our system. The said program has a fixed
question and calculates the final score of the quiz. The systems have a
lecture and these systems ease the burden of the teacher it make easy to
conduct or lecture in the student.
The program contains lectures and quizzes from the subject
HEKASI for grade 5 students. The teacher adds the student’s
information first, then registered the student form the system data
base, the system checks if the registered person was valid, again the
system will check if it is teacher or student username. If goes to teacher
username it will direct to the teachers form where it contains student’s
information, student report file and quizzes. And if the username goes
for student the system will proceed to the student form where it
contains lecture, student report and quizzes. After the lectures were
taken, a quiz will appear related to the lecture. Then it finally shows the
result of the quiz and it will be stored at the student report.
• Computer-Aided Instruction – a teaching process
that uses a computer in the presentation of instructional materials,
often in a way that requires the student to interact with it. Also
called computer assisted instruction. Computer-Aided Instruction
CAI; instructional activities that use a computer as the primary
vehicle for teaching content or processes rather than one-to-one
interaction with a student.
• Teacher- give a lecture, quiz and the student report.
• Student- is taking a lecture and quiz.
• View Lecture- the teacher can view the Lecture.
• View Quiz- the teacher can view the Quiz.
• Student Report- this function will reveal the name of
student and the score of student in their quiz.
• Taking Lecture-the student must participate the lecture.
• Taking Quiz- the student will take a quiz regarding on what
lesson they learned.
Lequin, Macario jr.
Co, Jose Ulysses