We use present perfect simple to
express an action happened in the
past but result is in the present.
• Look! Everywhere is white. It has snowed.
• He has broken his leg.
Agent + has/have + verb in past participle + Circumstance
We use present perfect
to talk about our experience.
It means that how many times I
have gone somewhere or tried
something or done something
…etc in my life.
Muse hasn’t seen his uncle for 8 years.
Negative form structure
Agent + has/have (not) + verb in pp + Circumstance
Elvin has studied in this school since 2001.
Mr. Shukurov have taught Turkish for 5 years.
We use present perfect to talk about
a past action in unfinished period of
time and in recent past using JUST:
I have phoned him twice today.
Scientists have gone to the moon two
times this century.
Orhan has just drunk the milk.
David has just broken his arm.
Has/have + pronoun (ever)+ p.p verb +
Have you ever ridden a camel?
Has she written the essay?
Yes, she has.
(She’s already written the essay).
No, she hasn’t (written the essay yet).
Transform these sentences into
I saw the movie Antz yesterday.
Carl studied German at school.
I missed the bus last night.
They fell into the sea.
Ben had malaria when he was a child.
Unscramble the sentences
1. has She baby had a
2. Smith teacher years been our for 3
Mr. Biology has
3. 50 I week read pages have this
4. into just classroom has the come
Practice! Do these exercises with your
Choose the simple past or present
1. When I was a child, I ________ (swim) a lot.
2. So far this week, we ________ (study) a lot.
3. Theo __________ (be) very sick recently.
4. I _________ (have) a terrible headache
5. It ________ (rain) a lot lately.
6. They _______ (get) married ten years ago.
7. I ________ (go) to Balboa Park many times.
8. My family ________ (take) a vacation last year.
1. When I was a child, I swam a lot.
2. So far this week, we have studied a
3. Theo has been very sick recently.
4. I had a terrible headache
5. It has rained a lot lately.
6. They got married ten years ago.
7. I have gone to Balboa Park many
times. (possibly again in the future)
8. My family took a vacation last year.
Look at John´s list. Write sentences with the P.P.
affirmative & negative
Things to do
1.Make my bed
2.Tidy my room x
3.Do my homework
4.Go shopping x
6.Buy Peter´s latest
7.Write an email to
Find someone who
1 Have you ever swum at
Erika Yes, one