MT-18: 5 day Yangon-Golden Rock-Bago-
This 5 day tour features the most important religious destinations for
Buddhists in Myanmar.
Starting in Yangon, with the unforgettable ShwedagonPagoda , and continuing
on to an amazing pagoda atop a boulder hanging on the edge of a cliff- the
Golden Rock or Kyaikhtiyo, religious sites in Bago and the Maha Muni Buddha
Image in last royal capital of Mandalay and much much more.
Coverage: Yangon -Golden Rock – Bago-Mandalay Start City: YangonEnd City:
Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
Operational period: October to May
Day 1: Yangon (Arrival)
Day 2: Yangon-Golden Rock
Day 3: Golden Rock-Bago-Yangon
Day 4: Yangon-Mandalay (By Flight)
Day 5: Mandalay (Departure)
DAY 1 YANGON ARRIVAL
On arrival at Yangon International Airport, you are welcomed by our tour guide
and transferred to your hotel. After refreshment, you embark on a city tour
(1) A visit to the magnificent and world famous Shwedagon Pagoda, known for
its religious significance and artistic beauty. The massive bell-shaped stupa is
plated with gold and the tip of the stupa is set with diamonds and rubies,
sapphires and topaz - a stunning sight as the sun sets and an unforgettable
place to begin your trip in the "Golden Land".
(2) Chauk-htat-kyiPhaya; a huge life-like reclining Buddha statue surrounded by
(3) Downtown Yangon’s Sule Pagoda, City Hall, Independent monument and old
(4) visitBogyokeAung San Market (named after the father of Aung San SuuKyi
and formerly,the Scott Market) to purchase souvenirs and handicrafts if you
wish. There are gems, fabrics, lacquer ware, wood sculptures, paintings etc…
the range of wares is fantastic and don’t forget to bargain !
(5) China Town noted for its fruit market, delicious street foods and old world
atmosphere. Welcome dinner and overnight at hotel in Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Meal: Lunch, Welcome Dinner
DAY 2 YANGON – GOLDEN ROCK
The day’s schedule :
(1) This morning, we leave for Kyaik-hti-yo, about 160 km from Yangon,( 4 hr
drive). The Golden Rock Pagoda standson a gold gilded boulder precariously
perched on the edge of the hill, which is 1102 meters above the sea-level.
Upon arrival to the base-camp, we have lunch and transfer to an exciting truck
ride up-hill through a rain forest.Upon arrival to the upper-camp,we trek up-
hill for about an hour to the amazing Golden Rock. Check in Hotel, restand
later, visit the magnificent Golden Rock pagoda environs.Dinner and overnight
at the hotel in Golden Rock.
Accommodation: Hotel at Golden Rock
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner
DAY 3 GOLDEN ROCK – BAGO – YANGON
(1) We wake early to enjoy the sun-rise over the these misty jungle-clad hills of
(2) After breakfast, descend to the base-camp, drive to Bago: an ancient
capital of the Mon Kingdom in 15th
Century.Bago is situated only 80 km north-
east of Yangon.
(3) Upon arrival to Bago, we have lunch. Afterwards, we visit the magnificent
Shwe Maw Daw - said to be over 2,000years old,Naungdawgyi Pagoda;
MyaTharLyaung (a colossal reclining Buddha Image which was recently restored
(4) ShweTharLyaung (a huge reclining Buddha);55 meters long and dating back
994AD and Kyaik-Pun temple which is four huge seated Buddha Images in the
open air. We then drive back to Yangon. Dinner and overnight at the Hotel in
Accommodation:Hotel in Yangon
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner
DAY 4 YANGON - MANDALAY (By Flight)
After breakfast at
hotel, you transfer to Yangon Airport for an early morning flight to Mandalay.
From Mandalay airport, we begin the days’s tour with :
(1) a drive to the ancient capital of Amarapura, the city of Immortality for
visits to Bagaya Monastery with a famouscollection of Buddha images, local
weaving cottage industry of traditional cotton cloth, the two-century old U-
Beinteak bridge on the Taungthaman Lake and if time allows,observe the lunch
process of thousand of monks who taketheir last meal of the day at 10:00 am in
total silence. We then proceed to Mandalay and check in at the hotel.
After refreshment, your sightseeing tour of Mandalay begins again including
: (1) Maha Muni, The holiest buddhist site in Upper Myanmar : a Buddha
image of great beauty and witness the reverence and worship of the local
(2) Mandalay, the last royal capital of Myanmar is the best place to see all the
traditional arts and crafts. You will visit gold-leaf making work-places and see
how the gold leaf is being made by hand in the traditional way.
(3) Kuthodaw Pagoda, known as the world's largest book for its 729 marble
slabs inscribed with the Buddha's Dhammaor Doctrine.
(4) Golden Palace Monastery, noted for its exquisite wood carvings.
(5) Enjoy a panoramic sunset of the city and the Ayeyawaddy River from
Mandalay Hill. Overnight at the hotel in Mandalay.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 5 MANDALAY (Departure)
After breakfast at hotel, you will be transferred to Mandalay International
Airport for your return international departure flight.
***END OF SERVICE***