Information security

879 views

Published on

Published in: Technology, News & Politics
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
879
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
7
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
53
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Technology is only part of information security…..people and policy are just as (if not more) important than the technology itself.
  • Trojans are the viruses that automatically installed when you just double click on it!!!!!
  • Information security

    1. 1. By Yogeshwari.M Rubini.R
    2. 2. What is Information? <ul><li>Information is a processed data. </li></ul><ul><li>In other words, a result got after processing a raw fact. </li></ul>
    3. 3. What is Security? <ul><li>Dictionary.com says: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>1. Freedom from risk or danger; safety. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>2.Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear; confidence. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>3. Something that gives or assures safety, as: </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>1. A group or department of private guards: Call building security if a visitor acts suspicious. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>2. Measures adopted by a government to prevent espionage, sabotage, or attack. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>3. Measures adopted, as by a business or homeowner, to prevent a crime such as burglary or assault: Security was lax at the firm's smaller plant. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>… etc. </li></ul></ul>
    4. 4. Definition of Information Security <ul><li>Safe-guarding an organization’s data from unauthorised access or modification to ensure its , confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA). </li></ul><ul><li>The protection of information and information systems against unauthorized access or modification of information. </li></ul>Confidential Information & Critical Systems Technical Administrative Physical
    5. 5. 90/10 Rule 10% 90% Process Technology People
    6. 6. State of Internet <ul><li>According to Internetworldstats.com, there are slightly over 1.3 billion internet users worldwide. </li></ul><ul><li>Approx. 19% (18.9) or 237 million from North America </li></ul><ul><li>That means the other 81% are from the rest of the world. </li></ul><ul><li>Once connected to the internet your computer is accessible to those users. </li></ul>
    7. 7. Key to Information Security <ul><li>A password is essentially the last layer of defense to your computer and personal information. </li></ul><ul><li>You can have every other safeguard in place, if someone gets your password they are now able to access the information. </li></ul>
    8. 8. Make your Keys in private <ul><li>Lock your computer if you are going to be away from it so that anyone that wonders by cannot gain access to your computer and information. </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t share password with your friends. </li></ul>
    9. 9. Surf Safely and Choose your RISK <ul><li>You know there are bad parts of town that you don’t go to… </li></ul><ul><li>The Internet is the same way – be wary! </li></ul><ul><li>And be aware of TROJANS!! </li></ul>
    10. 10. Be Aware of Trojan <ul><li>A Trojan horse is an email virus usually released by an email attachment. </li></ul><ul><li>Trojan spread from computer to computer, but unlike a virus, it has the capability to travel without any human action… </li></ul><ul><li>The most common means of infection is through email attachments. </li></ul>
    11. 11. Surf “safer” w/ SiteAdvisor
    12. 12. Thank you!!! <ul><li>Thank you for Giving us this GOLDEN oppourtunity!!! </li></ul>
    13. 13. Queries???

    ×