PRESENTED BY :
• Headquarters - Mumbai.
• TML is currently headed by Ratan N Tata.
• Tata Motors manufactures HCV, LCV,
Passenger cars, MUV and Military Vehicles.
• Global operations - UK, South Korea, Thailand and Spain.
• TML - world's fourth largest truck manufacturer.
world’s second largest bus manufacturer.
• The company have 24,000 +employees
• Tata Motors Limited is a part of Tata Group.
• Founder - Jamshedji Tata (TELCO).
• The company was established in 1945 as a locomotive
• It tied-up with Daimler-Benz and entered Commercial vehicle
segment in 1954.
• In 1992, it entered Small vehicle segment
• Tata Motors decided to pursue joint ventures.
– Cummins Engine Co., Inc., was the first company to jointly venture
with Tata in 1993.
“Best in the manner in which we
operate, we deliver, and
our value system and ethics.”
Tata Motors Inc. in NYSE
•Tata Motors was first listed on the NYSE in 2004.
•It created wealth of Rs. 320bn during 2001-2006.
• IT stands among top 10 wealth creators in India.
•It has its manufacturing bases in Jamshedpur, Lucknow and Pune.
• Tata Motors has recently had a couple of important mergers and acquisitions
like with Daewoo in South Korea, Hispanso and a JV with Fiat.
Joint Ventures & Acquisitions
• In 2004, the acquisition of Daewoo Commercial Vehicle of South
• In 2005, Hispano Carrocera – Spanish bus manufacturing company.
• In 2006, TML has formed 51:49 Joint Venture with Marcopolo,
Brazil-based global leader in bus body building.
• In 2007, TML also formed a joint venture with Fiat.
• In 2008, the acquisition of British Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) business.
Subsidiary companies formed/acquired:
• Tata Hispano Motors Carrocera S.A., (Hispano)
became a subsidiary consequent upon the
Company exercising its put option and increasing its
stake from 21% to 100%.
• JaguarLandRover Limited, the Company’s
subsidiary formed the following subsidiaries, viz.
Jaguar Land Rover Brazil (LLC), Limited Liability
Company "Jaguar Land Rover" (Russia), Land Rover
Parts Limited and Land Rover Parts US LLC.
Fiat India Automobiles Limited
A 50:50 joint venture company between Tata
Motors Limited and Fiat Company located
It is located at Ranjangaon, Maharashtra is
engaged in the manufacture of Tata and Fiat
branded products as well as engines and
transmissions for use by both the partners
• Products, branding and advitisements
(from 0 to 100 %)
• Pricing strategies
(determining low price in market)
(selling at right place)
• Maintenance and support
(good maintenance services)
SOME MARKET FIGURES
Market shares till 1998
Market shares after Indica launch, Dec.
• Jaguar/Land Rover whole sale sales in 2009-10
grew to almost 194,000 units. Both brands
• Their performance impressively mainly due to
the very positive customer response to its
newly launched luxury sedans and the fact
that the Company has succeeded in achieving
a significance reduction in cost with improved
• Tata Motors posted record consolidated net
revenues and profits of Rs. 92,519 crores
($19,376 million) and Rs. 2,571 crores ($538
million) respectively during the financial
• The Company’sdomestic sales in India for cars
and commercial vehicles was 633,862 units – a
growth of 34.1%.
• Passenger vehicle sales alone increased by
25.3% to 260,020 units.
• Technical & Vocational training (2935)
• Infrastructures & scholarshipfor
• Safe drinking water
• Curative health service
• Low cost toilet build
• Natural dissaster fundings.
• Smokeless chullahs installed(200)
• Indica - India’s first fully
indigenous passenger car
• Tata Motors acquires Daewoo
Commercial Vehicle Company
• Tata Motors gets listed on the
NYSE in 2004.
• Acquisition of Jaguar and
Land Rover in 2008.
• Tata Motors launches ‘Nano’ -
The People's Car in 2009.
• Land Rover double header at
the Auto Express 2010 new car
• Golden Peacock Award for
Occupational Health & Safety
for the year 2010
• CVBU Pune receives
Excellent Energy Efficient
• CVBU Pune declared
winner of the MPCB
Vasundhara Awards 2010
AWARDS FOR NANO
• Tata Nano has won includes Compact Car of
• Entry-level Mini Car of the Year,
• Indian Automotive Design of the Year,
• The Most Value for Money
• Car of the Year
• Small Car of theYear
• Micro Car of the Year
Market leader in Automobile Industry.
Aggressively acquiring foreign brands
to increase its global presence.
Produce low price car with low fuel
Return on Investment on TATA motors
shares in low.
Has not got a foothold in the luxury car
segment in its domestic market.
Advantage of their low cost car by
entering into third world countries
where peoplehave low purchasing
Shouldfocusin developing luxury
Joint ventures in other countries
allow TATA motors to easily enter
into new market.
Have low cost advantage over its
competitors, once the competitors
find out the low cost production
methodology then there will no
Major challenge for TATA motors is
the rising prices of steel, Aluminum
and plastic which is heavily used in
Low safety standards can impact