The Tana River is one of the biggest rivers in Kenya. The water of this river came from west side of Mt. Kenya named Nyari. The length is 800km. There are 350 species of birds, lions, elephants, rare sharks, and reptiles exist.
From now on, I will talk about what is happening to the Tana River. I will ask you to participate to this story. This water in the bucket is the Tana River. The case, which you have are your roll. When I tell the story and asked to put it into the bucket, please do so.
From Mt. Kenya the river flows into Nairobi.
1. In Nairobi, there are too many cars make traffic jam. The cars emit exhaust gas. This gas increase acid rain. The acid rain flows into the Tana River. (Put ①) 1. ナイロビでは車が渋滞しています。車の排気ガスは酸性雨を増やします。降った酸性雨は川に流れます。（①お酢）
2. The minerals, such as arsenic and fluorine also pollute under ground water. (Put ②) 2.鉱物による地下水汚染も見逃せません。ケニアの豊富な鉱物によってヒ素やフッ素が溶け出して広範囲で地下水を汚染（②塩）
3. The sewage does not treat and dumped into the river. (Put ③) 3.下水はもっぱら整備が遅れ、川へ垂れ流している地域が多いです。（③醤油）
4. The tourist throws his gum into the river from the lodge. (Put ④) 4. Samburu and Buffalo Springs National Reserve で観光客がロッジからガムを川に捨てました。（④ガム）
5. Fishing line which fry fisherman used, but twined into stone and flow into the river. 5. 川辺で釣りをする人が使っていた「釣り糸」が川の中の石に絡まってやがて流れて行きました。（⑤糸くず）
6. According to NEMA (National Environment Management Authority Kenya), they admitted to make 2000 square km plantation of sugar cane beside the Tana River by Mumias Sugar Factory Company in Nairobi.. This company use agrichemicals, and it flow into the river. （⑥胡椒） 6. 農家が農薬を撒いた為、その農薬が小川に染み出し、タナリバーに流れ出ました。
7. Some mothers wash their clothes beside the river. The detergent flows into the river. （⑦洗剤） 7. 川沿いで洗濯をしています。洗剤はそのまま川に流されます。（⑦洗剤）
This water flows into the Indian Ocean.
Q: How are creatures in the water?
Q: Who polluted river?
Q: Do you think you are also polluting river?
Q: How can we make river cleaner?
When you go back to home, just remind what you thought today. Then recall “The person who polluted river is us”, and think about how to reduce to pollute river. Asante sana.
Who polluted river?
Who polluted the river? Takatoshi AKAI JOCV/JICA KWS Malindi Marine Park
The Tana River is one of the biggest rivers in Kenya.The water of this river came from west side of Mt. Kenya named Nyari.
The length is800km.There are 350species ofbirds, lions,elephants, raresharks, andreptiles exist.