From Death to Life: My Life Story by Marcia A. Murphy is a slideshow presentation about her experience of psychosis and survival. It is a story of suffering, hope, and finding new meaning in life by the Grace of God.
My spiritual life that had begun its slow
ascent allowed me to survive.
A psychiatrist told my mother that I had
• Clinical depression
• Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
17. Upon release from the hospital I tried to
work but my emotional problems,
extreme poverty, and social isolation
The only thing I could hold on
to—was my faith
The only thing that gave me
hope—was my faith in God
28. In our hardest moments come
the toughest questions…
and the deepest answers.
Craig Rennebohm (With David Paul) Authors
29. But then out of the depth of despair, I
broke through into new life.
30. Kingdom of LightFor he has
rescued us from
the dominion of
brought us into
the kingdom of
the Son he loves,
the kingdom of
Col. 1:12b-13 (para)
31. The thief comes only to steal and kill and
destroy; I have come that they may have
life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
32. I started to read the Bible every morning
for a time of devotions and prayer, and I
sought God’s guidance.
I learned that ethical development and
morality are key elements in my recovery
from mental illness.
I learned these elements of
good mental health:
•Doing no harm to others/respecting the rights
•Treating others with kindness & patience
•Meeting situations with a sense of justice &
52. Recovery is…
• Not necessarily absence of all symptoms
• Level of stability
• Meaningful work
• Form significant relationships
• Contributing to society
Mental illness does not define who I am
Identity comes from positive sources
53. There will always be people who will tell
you that your dreams are too big, your
hopes too unattainable.
54. Spiritual Protection In Jesus Christ’s Name
protect them by
the power of
your name, the
name you gave
55. “I am the light of the world. Whoever
follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life.”John 8:12
56. By Marcia A. Murphy
•Bible NIV [New International Version]
•Rennebohm, Craig (with Paul, David), Souls in the
Hands of a Tender God; Boston, Mass: Beacon Press,
•A Hero in Every Heart, H. Jackson Brown, Jr. & Robyn