ANSOFF MATRIX FOR McDonald's
Tikki, McPizza , Masala
Grill , Royal Paneer .
All these in India since
people do not eat beef.
Has presence in 121
countries and is
planning to open
outlets in Nigeria,
Glocolisation:Think Global , Act
• McDonalds, the global brand remains the same wherever you experience
• However, there many be subtle (and not-so-subtle) changes to the fast-food
menu to take account of local tastes and traditions.
• McDonald's has restaurants in more than 100 different countries.
• Instead of offering an American-style menu in a place like India, where
many residents do not eat beef, McDonald's sells mostly chicken, lamb
and vegetarian offerings.
Diversification : Failure
• McDonald's made its foray into the hospitality
industry in 2001, opening two hotels in Switzerland,
at Zurich and Lully.
• The "Golden Arch Hotels" were positioned as four-star
facilities with the latest in-room technology and
very original, modern interior design.
• Reactions and reviews of guests following their stay
there were mixed. Most seemed to agree, that the
hotel's four-star rating didn't seem to correspond
with McDonald's image. The Golden Arch in Zurich is
McDonald's first hotel.
• Unfortunately, this venture was not successful as it
went to market in the early 21st century