• WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) is held by
• This is the 25th year, and this time they held in San
Francisco on 2 - 6 June.
• As the same, most people are waiting for the keynote
began June 2 (Monday) at 10:00am Pacific Time.
• Quick Type and third-party
• Revamped Photos
• Family sharing
• Improved messaging
• Quick response to notifications
• OS X Yosemite
• Brand new look
• iCloud Drive
• Smartphone features for the Mac
• Touch ID
• Metal: Next-Generation Graphics Engine
• Flat Design is introduced in iOS 7. Now in 2014, iOS8 and
OSX Yosemite would wildly used.
• Windows 8 is the first OS used the concept of Flat Design.
• There are three major concerns while doing flat design.
Flat Design - Minimalism
• Superfluous "chrome" – the extra interface elements that
aren't the core content of the page – should be minimal
and virtually non-existent when not necessary
• A healthy use of negative space, margins and paddings
also contributes to the overall feel of flat design, spacing
elements out in lieu of the details that once distinguished
Flat Design - Typography
• In a lot of flat designs, sans-serif primarily plays due to
serifs themselves being unnecessary embellishments and
a sign of formality rather than modernism. Of these sans-
serif typefaces, designers usually look for one with
availability in a variety of weights so that only one or two
families are needed to populate in designs, in order to
keep up the minimalist, simple feel.
Flat Design - Colour
• Throughout every piece of literature on the topic and
evidenced widely in examples of flat design, there's one
strong trend: designers are using the flat design
movement to introduce brighter colours in a higher
frequency than just using one or two colours in a handful
• Safari will lose the Favorites Bar and give more space for
the webpage to be displayed.
• Tab View is the final major design change; once you click
the option, all your tabs are displayed at once, in a sort of
birds-eye view. They can even be grouped by website,
letting you quickly sort and seek out tabs.
• Private browsing on a tab-by-tab basis is possible, letting
you enable private mode for one tab but not for the rest.
• Put DuckDuckGo as one of the recommended search
engine, which emphasis on no more end-user tracking.
iOS and OSX - Continuity
• Smartphone features for the Mac -- With Yosemite, users will
be able to answer and make calls that are relayed through
their iPhones using their Mac computers. Additionally, Mac
users will be able to send text messages to their friends who
don't own Apple devices. And a new Handoff feature will allow
users to pass off tasks they start on their iPhones or iPads to
their Macs when their devices come within close proximity of
• iCloud Drive -- This will allow users to save any kind of file in
special folders on their computers that are accessible through
other devices, including iPhones, iPads and even Windows
computers. This feature will work very similarly to the
Dropbox cloud service.
• For twenty years, Apple has used Objective-C as its main
development language. Today, Swift made its debut: a
programming language that is even faster than
Objective-C, yet can be run in real-time to show you how
your code will work and what output it will have. It is sort
of a scripting language, yet is faster than pure Objective-