1. About us 2. Our approach 3. Our products 4. Our model & financials 6. Your opportunity
Chefs are the new rock stars – food is the new rock & roll.
- Food IS entertainment. It’s the new social currency. - Food is the #1 topic on Pinterest and the #2 across all social media. - Food itself is a $3 trillion market. $700B spent in restaurants, a good portion of that are people under the age of 40. - Food affects everything. Everybody needs to eat. Most do at least 3 times a day.
Trust the hand the feed you. Watch this.
- We exist to fix a broken system. - People have called us “The Antithesis of Yelp” or “Houzz for Food”.
Chefsfeed presentation to Snowplow Meetup San Francisco, Oct 2015
What is ChefsFeed?
Snowplow is the Solution!
• Consistent conversion event types between
• App.start (structured event)
• App.resume (structured event)
• Save.dish (com_chefsfeed_dish_saved_1)
• Reserve.OT (com_chefsfeed_open_table_booked_2)
• A whole lot of screen.view in between!
User Event Stream
source screen.view screen.vie
App.start Save.dish Reserve.OT
'[^/]+') as unstruct_event_name,
rank() OVER (partition by apple_idfa, ORDER BY collector_tstamp)
from atomic.events ae
left join atomic.com_snowplowanalytics_snowplow_mobile_context_1 mc on
left join atomic.com_snowplowanalytics_snowplow_screen_view_1 as sv on
left join data.fiksu fk on fk.ios_advertising_identifier = mc.apple_idfa
• Persistent Derived Tables are the bomb!
• Unstructured events can be tricky to set up correctly
• Miscoding on iOS, shredding fails
• json_extract_path_text(unstruct_event, 'data',
'data', 'filter_string') digs out an attribute
• Redshift Python UDF
• Implemented Haversine function to geocode users