Quarterly men’s magazine.
Launched in 2011.
Articles from professionals, not just celebrities.
For readers who think the quality of modern men’s
magazines is falling.
It seems very important to us to try and do things
differently… but not just for the sake of being
different. The point is, it’s not just famous people
who are interesting. The great thing about being an
independent publisher is that we can decide who
goes on the cover.”
Male readers who feel that modern mens’
magazines focus too heavily on celebrity, style,
business, and sex.
ADVERTISING TAKES BACKSEAT
• Advertising never influences editorial
• Adverts are rare
• The magazine prides itself on being independent
• No advertorial
• Focus on editorial and content
• High price point - $13/£6
• Subscription is still expensive - £20
• Advertising has no power
• Lots of partnerships
- large print circulation/distribution
- circulated in fashion/retail stores
The issue is not about whether we’re going to be
reading off of paper or whether we’ll be reading off
backlit screens or whether we’re going to be reading
on the moon. The future belongs to visionary and
courageous people to get the power back to the
- Tyler Brûlé, Monocle