Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
SECTION A: Phonetics ( 10 points)
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1 -A. fine B. kind C. nine D. tin
2 -A. slow B. go C. nobody D. do
3 -A. amazing B. apartment C. address D. armchair
4 -A. clothes B. watches C. benches D. classes
5 -A. clock B. come C. class D. city
II. Odd one out.( 5points)
A. knee B. gray C. nose D. toe
A. thirsty B. tired. C. hungry D. danger
A. summer B. fall C. weather D. spring.
A. apple B. . coffee C. milk D. tea
A. painter B. flower C. driver D. farmer
SECTION B: Grammar and vocabulary ( 35 points).
I. Choose the correct answer, circling letter A,B,C, or D( 10 points )
1. Look! That boy ___________trash on the street.
A. leave B. leaves C.is leaving D. is going to leave.
2.Does he want________ his grandfather.
A. visit B. visits C. visiting D.to visit.
3. There isn't _________rice in the bowl
A. a few B. a little C. much D. some.
4. He _______ beef or chicken.
A. never eats B. eats never C. is never eating D.is never eating
5. He _______ pick flowers
A. should not B. shoulds not C. don't should D. does't should.
6. He's from Canada . He _______English.
A. speak B. speaks C. is speaking D. is going to speak.
7. She _______ much money.
A. need B. needn't C. don't need D. doesn't need
A. pick B. picks C. picking D. to pick.
Trêng thcs yªn s¬n
ĐỀ ÔNTHI HỌC SINH GIỎI
NĂM HỌC 2010 – 2011
MÔN THI: TIẾNG ANH - LỚP 6
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
9. This week, he.________ by bus.
A. travel B. travels C. traveling D.is traveling.
10______going to the museum?
A. Let's B. Why don't C. What about D. Do you want
II. Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets (10 points)
1. My sister _______ (not be) in her room at the
moment. She________ (cook) in the kitchen.
2. What she_______ (do)? - He is going to visit Ho
Chi Minh city.
3. Would you like______ (have) breakfast with
4. Let’s ______ (meet) at 7 o’clock in front of the
5. My mother ______( brush) her teeth every night.
6. your mother ______ (go) to school by bus
7. Don’t talk so loudly, please! My
son_______(sleep) in the next room.
8. We_______(not go) on Sunday.
9. They _____( wait) for me at the corner now.
10. The Sun (rise)_____ in the East.
III. Give the correct form of the words in capital in brackets.(10 points)
1.The animals are in_____ (danger).
2. The Mekong River is _______ river in Viet
Nam . ( long )
3. These flowers are _________than these trees
4. He is a________ of English at a high school.
5. It's an interesting_______ (play).
6. She likes_____ sweets.(eat).
7. Lan is the______ girl in her class.(beauty)
8. We don’t like going in his car as he is
9. We need two _______ for cooking the lunch
10.My parents are______.(farm)
IV. Fill in the blank with one preposition.( 5points)
1. She does her homework.________ the evening (in / on / at / to)
2. There are many big trees _________my school.( next/ behind/ in/ on )
3. My apartment is_______ the fifth floor .(at/ from/ on / to)
4. _______the right of my house there is a hotel.( near. next to/ on / to )
5. My birthday is________ March 5th
, 1998.( on/ in / at/to/)
SECTION C: Reading comprehension ( 30 points).
I.Read the passage carefully the answer the questions below it.( 5points)
Antarctica is a snow-covered continent. The average temperature at the South Pole is -51C. Few
plants or animals can live on the land- it is too cold for them. There are a few scientists from different
countries who live and work on special bases in Antarctica. On midsummer's day ( December 22nd
is a daylight for 24 hours and so during this period a few tourists ships and planes come to see this strange
land. But in winter there is no daylight for months. It must be terrible place during the winter. The snow is
always there- winter and summer – but in fact , little snow falls in the year ( an average of 12-20 cm).
People say that it can be a beautiful place . At first , it appears frightening but after a little time , some
people fall in love with it.
1- What is the weather like in Antarctica?
2- Why can few plants and animals live in Antarctica?
3- Where do the scientists come from?
4- How many tourist ships and planes come to see this strange land?
5- What is always there in winter and summer?
II. Fill in each space in the following passage with one suitable word.(10point)
We are destroying the Earth. The seas and rivers are (1)______dirty to swim in. There is too
(2)_____smoke in the air many cities in the world. We are cutting( 3)____too many trees. We
(4)_____burning the forests. We are also destroying (5)____ of plants and (6)_____.Many areas
( 7)______Earth are wasteland . Farmers in many parts of the world can not ( 8)_____enough to eat. In
some countries (9)____ is too little rice . The Earth is in (10)_____ Save the Earth !.
III. Read the passage the choose the correct answer to each question . Circle A, B, C or D
Minh and his friends always have a picnic on the weekend. They are going to have a picnic near a lake
next Saturday. Nam is going to bring some drinks .Lan is going to bring some food. Minh is going to
bring a tent. First , they are going to have fried chicken, bread, salad, apples and soda. After that , They
are going to walk for one or two hours . Finally , they are going to take some photos and go home.
1- What are Minh and his friends going to do
on the weekend?
A- They are going to have a picnic.
B- They are going to go to the movie.
C- They are going to visit the museum.
D- They are going to go fishing.
2- What is Lan going to bring?
A- She is going to bring a tent
B- She is going to bring some food.
C- She if going to bring a camera.
D- She is going to bring some drinks.
3- What is Minh going to bring?
A- He is going to bring some food.
B- He is going to bring a kite.
C- He is going to bring some fruits.
D- He is going to bring a tent.
4- What are they going to do there?
A- They are going to have some food and
B- They are going to ride their bikes.
C- They are going to swim
D- They are going to fly their kites
5- What are they going to have?
A- Meat, vegetables, fruits and soda.
B- Meat, vegetables and water.
C- Fish, vegetables , fruits and juice.
D- Vegetables, soda, fish , and fruits.
IV. Read the passage the choose the word or phrase the best fits each space by circle A, B, C, or D.
I don’t usually eat breakfast. I only have _______(1) of coffee. I don’t eat _______ (2) until about
eleven o’clock. Then I have a biscuit and a glass of _______ (3) . For lunch I usually have a salad. That’s
_______ (4) about two o’clock. I have _______(5) at half pass six in the afternoon. I’m a vegetarian, so I
don’t eat _______(6) or fish. I eat cheese and eggs and things like that. I have a glass of water or fruit
_______(7) with my meals.
At the weekends, I go to a _______(8) in the evenings. You can_______(9) vegetarian meals in a
_______(10) restaurants now.
1. A. a packet B. a cup C. a can D. a bar
2. A. any B. some C. anything D. something
3. A. peas B. rice C. chocolates D. milk
4. A. at B. on C. in D. of
5. A. breakfast B. lunch C. dinner D. supper
6. A. meat B. rice C. vegetables D. noodles
7. A. water B. soda C. juice D. lemonade
8. A. store B. restaurant C. shop D. apartment
9. A. get B. getting C. to get D. gets
A. many B. much C. dozen D. lot of
SECTION D: Writing (25 points)
I. There are ten mistakes in the following passage . Find them and write your corrections in the numbered
Miss Hoa live in a small house on Hanoi. She teaches English at a school there. She usually is breakfast
in seven in the morning and she has dinner at twelve o'clock in the canteen of the school. She teaches his
students in the morning. She teaches them dialogues on Wednesdays to Fridays. On Mondays, she teach
them grammar. On the evening, she usually stays at home and listens books. She sometimes goes to the
movie theatre. She always go to bed at ten o'clock
II. Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same
as the sentence printed before it . Use the words given and do not change their form.(5points)
1. Does Phong's school have fifteen classrooms
→Are there ___________________________________?
2. My father usually drives to work.
-> He ________________________________________
3.Phuong has a brother, Nam.
4.What is the length of the Great Wall?
→How long __________________________________?
5. There are a lot of flowers in my garden.
1→My garden ________________________________
III. Rewrite the sentences so that the meanings stay the same.(5points)
1. She is smaller than her sister.
2. My house is behind the hotel
3. No houses in this street are older than his house.
4. Her school has five hundred students.
5. What time do you go to school? I go to school at half past six.
IV. Complete the sentences using the given words . Make any changes if necessary.(5points)
1. my aunt / have / small garden / and / grow/ few flowers
2.world/ need/ more food/ because/ more people.
3.we/ do / many / bad things/ environment.
4. when/ not need/ light/ you / switch / it.
5.there/ much/ noise/ many vehicles/ city.
HƯỚNG DẪN ĐÁP ÁN
ĐỀ ÔN THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP HUYỆN
NĂM HỌC 2010 – 2011
MÔN THI: TIẾNG ANH - LỚP 6
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
(Tổng điểm toàn bài: 100 điểm)
SECTION A (10points)
Câu I: 5 điểm, mỗi từ chọn đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. D 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. D
Câu II: 5 điểm, mỗi từ chọn đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. B 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. B
Câu I: 10 điểm, mỗi từ chọn đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. C 4. A 7. D 10. C
2. D 5. A 8. A
3. C 6. B 9. B D
II. 10 điểm, mỗi từ đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. dangerous 6. eating
2. the longestl 7. most beautiful
3. more beautiful 8. careless/ uncareful
4. teacher 9. knives
5.play 10. farmers
III. 10 điểm, mỗi động từ chia đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. isn't . 2. …is cooking 3.is she going to do….? 4. to have 5. brushes
6.Does your morther go…..? 7. is sleeping 8. don't go 9. are waiting 10. rises
IV. 5 điểm, mỗi câu chuyển đúng cho 1 điểm:
1 in 2 behind 3 on 4. to 5 on
SECTION C ( 30points)
I.5 điểm, mỗi câu đúng cho 1 điểm
1.It is very cold.
2. Because it is too cold.
3. They come from many countries..
4. A few tourist ships and places come to see this strange land.
5. There is always snow in winter and summer.
II. 10 điểm, mỗi từ điền đúng cho 1 điểm:
1-too 2- much 3- down 4- are 5-lots
6- animals 7- on 8- grow 9- there 10- danger
III. 5 điểm, mỗi câu đúng cho 1 điểm.
1. A 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. A
IV.10 điểm, mỗi từ đúng cho 1 điểm
1. B 2.C 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.A 7.C 8.B 9.A 10.D
SECTION D( 25points)
I. 10 điểm, tìm được mỗi lỗi sai cho 1 điểm.
Miss Hoa live in a small house on Hanoi. She teaches English at a school there. She usually
is breakfast in seven in the morning and she has dinner at twelve o'clock in the canteen of the
school. She teaches his students in the morning. She teaches them dialogues on Wednesdays to
Fridays. On Mondays, she teach them grammar. On the evening, she usually stays at home and
listens books. She sometimes goes to the movie theatre. She always go to bed at ten o'clock.
1. lives 2. in 3. has 4. at 5. her
6. from 7. teaches 8. In 9. reads 10. goes
II. 5 điểm, mỗi câu viết đúng cho 1 điểm:
1.Are there fifteen classrooms in Phong's school?
2. He usually goes to work by car.
3.Phuong is Nam's brother.
4.How long is the Great Wall?
5.My garden has a lot of / many flowers.
III. 5 điểm, mỗi câu viết đúng cho 1 điểm:
1. Her sister is taller than her.
2. The hotel is in front of my house.
3.His house is the oldest on the street.
4. There are five hundred students in her school.
5. When do you go to school?
IV. 5 điểm, mỗi câu viết đúng cho 1 điểm:
1.My aunt has a small gadern and she grows a few flowers
2.The world needs more food because there are more people.
3.We are doing many bad things to the/ our environment.
4.When you don't need a light , you should switch off.
5.There are too much noise and too many vehicles in the city.