What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is the open source decentralized
software program that allows you to create
and deploy applications.
What Is A Smart Contract?
• Smart contract is a self-operating computer
program that automatically executes when
specific conditions are met.
• Smart contract can facilitate the exchange
of money, content, property, shares, or
anything of value.
The Ethereum Blockchain
• The difference with ethereum and bitcoin
blockchain is that its nodes store the most
recent state of each smart contract.
• For each ethereum application, the network
keeps track of the current information of all of
these applications, including each user’s
balance, all the smart contract code and
where it’s all stored.
The Ethereum Virtual Machine
• EVM is a software that runs on the Ethereum
• It enables anyone to run any program,
irrespective of the programming language.
• Ethereum enables the development of
thousands of different applications all on one
platform. It means you don’t have to create
new blockchain for each application.
Benefits Of Ethereum Platform
• Immutability: Third party cannot make
changes to data.
• Secure: Secured through cryptography,
applications are against hacking attacks.
• Zero downtime: Apps never go down.
Apps Developed On Ethereum
• Hardware Wallets – Trezor, Ledger Nano S
• Mobile Wallets – Jaxx, Ethereum Wallet
• Desktop Wallets – Jaxx, Coinbase
• Web wallets: CoinPayments
• Paper Wallets – MyEtherWallet, Classic
Ether Wallet, EthAddress