The Data Opportunity
Extracting value from the data deluge
Source: IDC, CAGR = Compound Annual Growth Rate
You can‘t store it in a
…it‘s all about data
Adoption of data as a strategic business asset
HERE’S THE PROBLEM
Existing systems were built for products and one-time transactions,
not customers and long-term relationships
Multiple Systems | Manual Processes | Rigid Technology | Product-Centric
When did data become so complicated?
Increased data centricity
6 analysts spend 60% of
time producing a weekly
Reducing report creation and
delivery time by 75%
5 1DAYS DAY
Top Questions for Analytics
• What are we doing?
• Data --> Desisions
• Who is the consumer?
• Tactical --> Strategic
• Core --> Ubiquitous
• What data do we need?
• Aggregate --> Detail
• Data Silos --> Multple Demensions
• What analytic techniques do we use?
• Reporting --> Discovery
• Human --> AI
• Who does the analysis?
• Platform Choice --> Analytic Portfolio
• How is the analysis used?
• Data Confidentally --> Open Data
• Stand Alone --> Embedded Analytics
Analytics applies to every stage of a decision
Five Rules for Success
• Analytic projects fail; find a sponsor for change
• Get out of your comfort zone; find data to challenge
• AI is here, but only in places; advanced is not always
• Single sourcing will fail; building an Analytic Portfolio
• Analytic stagnation will kill you; find a new audience