Be the first to like this
Unikernels have good performance and a very tiny footprint. But the process of converting an application to a Unikernel requires expert porting work and a considerable amount of time.
Wei will introduce a new Unikernel development model – Unikraft. Unikraft aims to free Unikernels from the fundamental drawback of manual porting costs. Since Unikraft was announced, Wei has been actively working with the community to get involved in this project. In this presentation Wei intends to share some knowledge of Unikraft, including:
1) The concept and architecture of Unikraft,
2) The tool stack and config menu,
3) Features available on Arm,
4) Upcoming features on Arm.
Wei also will run a demo on an Arm server showing:
1) Conversion of an application to Unikernel,
2) Configuration of this Unikernel through a menu system,
3) The converted Unikernel running!