Successfully reported this slideshow.
Making room in the market
for another tablet computer.
Car te Blanche.
An integrated launch strategy
that will position Carte
Blanche as the obvious
choice for cost-conscious,
tech-savvy urban youth.
Oh, and ideally support the
brand’s master plan of total
… or at least 15% of the
That’s a .15 batting average.
The Apple iPad has everyone’s
attention right now.
iPad to be
Products that lack their own
brand image risk losing to the
• To escape from prison.
•To unlock a device in order
to maximize its potential.
I.e. run any/all code.
I.e. unrestricted access
I.e. total freedom.
Who is Carte Blanche
• Tech-savvy, urban individuals 18-26.
• They hang out here:
These people have held out on buying a
tablet computer for lots of potential
• Not sure what to use it for
• Incompatibility of current model with certain
• Not crazy about the name “iPad”
Carte Blanche will change their
• Open source operating system
• Unlimited potential for
• It’s not called iPad.
Use social media and personal
engagement to create
interest for Carte Blanche’s
June 2010 launch.
• Microsite designed to inform and excite
consumers about the product
• Social media activity - use Facebook and
Twitter to drive people to microsite
• Contest to encourage social media
And a kick-ass launch
party to enhance brand
image and encourage
The First Step:
A compelling and informative
product microsite, and a
targeted social media strategy
to direct the right people there.
The microsite will serve Carte Blanche in two
From April 1st-June 1st
• Offer product information and exciting features
• Offer content, eg. blogs on “jailbreaking yourself” that can
be shared seamlessly on Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc.
• Offer contest rules and entry for the Jailbreak Yourself
From June 1st onwards:
• The site will offer product information,
easily accessible user guides, technical
specs, and where-to-buy info.
The site will also feature a
section for Carte Blanche
customers to participate in
forum discussions with app
developers and product
This will encourage two-way
discussion, making for a better
customer service experience.
It will also encourage
consumers to participate in
the app development process
Prepare to launch:
Leading up to the June 1st launch of
Carte Blanche, social media users
will be encouraged to Jailbreak
themselves as part of a contest to
win entrance to a super exclusive
launch party. Winners from several
Provinces will be selected.
Users will answer the question:
How do YOU ™
Tweets that answer the above question
using the hashtag #jailbreakyourself will be
entered to win tickets to the Carte Blanche
launch party, and/or a Carte Blanche tablet.
They’ll be allowed to enter once per day.
The Carte Blanche Facebook page will
also act as a platform for people to
connect with the brand and “like” the
concept of Jailbreaking themselves.
Fans will be entered to win tickets to
the launch party as well as other swag,
including Carte Blanche tablets.
Because it wouldn’t be a launch without a party, Carte
Blanche will have the best one ever, featuring a venue
that’s as buzzworthy as the product itself……
… the Historic Don Jail
Why the Don Jail?
• It’s thematically relevant
• It’s out-of-the-box
• Venue rental funds go directly to
Bridgepoint Health (hello, Corporate Social
• Ideal venue size of approx 400
• It has the air of exclusivity/secrecy to it.
The launch party:
consist of a mix
The hero of the party will be Carte
• Hostesses will be using tablet to
check people in
• Celebrity DJ using the tablet to spin
• Product demos/trial kiosks that will
project to a screen
• Everyone will be given a glossy Carte
Blanche brochure that looks like the
Everybody walks away from
the party not saying “that was
a great party” but “I want a
Carte Blanche… and that was
a great party.”
What happens after the party?
How do we keep people engaged,
coming back to the microsite?
My Jailbroken Life
• Use key inﬂuencers to generate
content for the microsite
• Blog using Carte Blanche
exclusively (I.e video, pictures,
Project Component Dollars Allocated
Media Monitoring $10,000
Social Media Monitoring $10,000
Social Media Stafﬁng $10,000
Microsite Maintenance $20,000
Stafﬁng/Admin Costs $25,000
• Number of click-throughs to microsite
• Rate of return visits to microsite
• Social media monitoring, both number of mentions and
• Number of Facebook fans
• Launch party attendance
• Positive media mentions
When it comes to calculating ROI in terms of
sales, it’s all about monitoring trends.
For example, does a high level of social media
activity correlate to higher sales?
Sales - Investment ($200 000)
$ Value of exposure/impressions -$200 000
Eg. If each click-through to microsite is worth $1
$1000000 - $200000
ROI = 400%
With a unique brand message
and an image that’s says “I
don’t just follow the herd”
Carte Blanche is in a position
to become the next big thing in
• 3 http://www.izgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/slide_4694_65109_large.jpg
• 7 http://www.ebbets-ﬁeld.com/Hodges/Pictures/LAGIL9.jpg
• 9 http://www.cultofmac.com/wordpress/wp
• 8 http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/03/500x_500x_ipad-
• 10 http://www.maximumpc.com/ﬁles/u46168/zune_3_of_them.jpg
• 16 http://kaputik.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pineapple.JPG
• 21 http://dailyshite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ipad.jpg
• 12, 27, 28, 29, 44 http://www.fotosearch.com/clip-art/lock.html
• 18 http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/hipster-man.jpg
• 30 http://nihongo.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-124646-woman-holding-tin-can-
• 34 http://rlv.zcache.com/thumbs_up_you_like_this_bumper_sticker-
• 35 http://westofwabansia.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2008/04/hip2.jpg
• 36 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/DonJail1860s.jpg
• 37 http://www.orchidfootwear.com/news/wp-content/mugshots450w.jpg
• 38 http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/terfe/4469506105/sizes/m/
• 45 http://www.vintagecalculators.com/assets/images/PhotoLib_t.jpg
• 52 http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/pntphoto/4486500057/in/set-488316/