5. • 59% of nonprofits surveyed say they have not developed a strategy.
• Without a strategy, there is no ladder of engagement to cultivate donors.
• 63% of nonprofits say it’s not a priority by Executive Management.
• Executive Management thinks that social media is free. It’s not. It takes
staff time, resources and financial investment:
• Social Media Appends – matching your email file to social media followers
• Fostering discussions on social media – ladder of engagement
• Lead Acquisition: Tools Like ActionSprout, FB Ads, etc.
• 72% of nonprofits have no dedicated social media staff to develop a plan
and execute it, test new ideas, and iterate.
Strategy, Prioritization, and Dedicated Staff
6. Tips You Can Use On Monday!
• Multichannel is Key: You will raise more money via multiple channels.
• Develop Campaign Calendar: Develop campaign asks and messaging
across different channels – Social Media, Direct Mail, Email, Texting, etc.
• Tailor Messaging To Each Channel: Adapt messaging according to tone
and length of each channel.
• Segment Your List. Identify your activists or donors by segmenting them
to personalize your campaign and make your ask more appropriate to their
interests and level of engagement.
• Conduct A/B Testing. Test different elements of your campaign – subject
lines in email, messages on social media, landing page donation forms,
graphics and photos, etc. For example, on Twitter, the Tweets that
generate the most RT’s use photos via Twitter’s native tool.
• Promote Your Campaign. Market the heck out of it across multiple
channels and communities that your target audiences are hanging out in.
Are they hanging out on Twitter? Facebook? Linkedin? Focus on a few. Not
every social network.
• Measure the Results: Bottom line - Did you achieve the change you were
7. Multichannel Campaigns =‘s Money
Example of Campaign Calendar
Courtesy of the The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Totally Baldacious campaign.
8. Leverage Pop Culture and News
Empower Your Community
CULTUREJACKING: LADY SYBIL AND THE PREECLAMPSIA FOUNDATION
19. Connect with me:
Allyson Kapin: Rad Campaign, Women Who Tech
Rad Website: http://www.radcampaign.com
Women Who Tech: http://www.womenwhotech.com