What’s new in GLAM?
Liam Wyatt / @Wittylama / [[user:Wittylama]]
The following are merely my opinions. I ENCOURAGE suggestions and additions
• Often a start local community external
collaborations. Pride, legitimacy, focus.
• “We’re doing the same thing, for the same reason,
for the same people, often in the same medium, in
a different way. Let’s do it together.”
Our “pitch” has changed. Wikipedia Commons Wikidata
What about Wikisource? Wiktionary?
• Global metrics Metrics Library
• 3 standard + 2 user-defined grant metrics
• “# participants, # newly registered, #pages
Determine the goal, measure against THAT goal
• WikiCite – Structured citation data!
• The Wikipedia Library
– Now with support from IFLA
• 1Lib1Ref (‘citation hunt’; hashtags)
• Catalonia Library Network
• Reference libraries
• User:Sadads Astinson (WMF)
Now THIS is campaign infrastructure!
• Sum of all Paintings
– Europeana Art History Challenge
– TED Challenge
• Connected Open Heritage
– Visiting Tiblisi: 9-11 November
• MediaBank content release (coming soon)
• ‘Biosphere’ project: data, images, articles
• Own texts/publications
• Policy emphasis on ‘open’
• Memory of the World
Time – Every document is a creature of its time
Place – The place of its creation is a key attribute of its importance
People – The social and cultural context of its creation
Subject/Theme – The subject matter may represent particular historical or intellectual developments
Form/Style – The item may…be a key exemplar of a type of presentation, custom or medium
Social/Community significance – The document must have an emotional hold on people who are alive today