Que es Analytics?
The goal of analytics is to:
• Derive and effectively communicate actionable
insights from a vast quantity and variety of data.
• It covers a broad spectrum of activities, including:
– data management and quality,
– mathematical and statistical methods for data
– techniques for visualizing data in support of
enterprise-wide decision making.
Data… Data everywhere
...but there’s a scarcity of talent with the
skills to make sense of it and create value.
Qué es Text Mining?
Input Process Output
Text Mining: finding patterns and trends in text (unstructured data), and
summarizing them into useful output for decisions.
Areas you are worried or concerned about? – Examples
“My mom is sick and might need surgery”
“My son-in law has just lost his job.”
“My mother-in-law is in ICU
dying of ovarian cancer.”
“Daughter seeking employment
following college graduation”
“My job stability”
“My job was eliminated in May and
am currently searching for a new
“Starting a new job”
“Aging relatives health”
Text mining: cluster analysis
Areas you are worried or concerned about?