Short term financing
• Capital for construction purposes.
• 2-4 years
• High interest rates
• Road, sewage, energy, water,(some part funded by government/local body)
• Building construction, landscaping, interior fit out
Long term financing
• 25-30 years
• Lower interest rates
• International and national banks
• Real estate investment trusts(REITS)
• Insurance companies, Private investment resource
Finance for development
Debt without equity Joint venture or debt
based on guaranteed 100% loan
letter of credit
Term/Bullet loans~ gives lender control
Long term over decision
Local and private
• Private and joint venture investment resources
• Individual investment sources
• Travel industry including airlines
• Other companies : looking to expand
• International finance corporation
• Central/federal government/The World Bank
• Foreign commercial bank
• Local government tourism organization (e.g. ITDC)
Obtaining a Resort Mortgage
Approaching the lender.
Compiling a Mortgage submission.
Negotiating the terms.
Submitting a Mortgage application.
Obtaining a Mortgage commitment.
Fulfilling the terms of the commitment.
Closing the loan.