An SEO Primer ( For Companies That Want To Be Found)
Is finding your company on the Web like looking for a needle in a haystack?
Marketing was easier when all you had to worry about was… … making sure your buyers could find you in the yellow pages
But the Internet changed the rules 65% of B2B purchasers use search engines in their awareness phase
Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) B2B purchasers are 10 TIMES more likely… … to click on an organic search result… than a paid advertisement…
But if you don’t make the Top 10… … your chances of being noticed are slim.
Follow these steps… … to raise your search engine rankings
<ul><li>Research Keywords </li></ul>Understand and prioritize… … the exact words and phrases… … buyers use to find your products
2. Ensure Your Site Can Be Read Eliminate technical errors on your web site… … so search engine spiders and bots can read it.
3. Organize Your Site Add page titles… … descriptions… ..and keywords.. … to organize your site for search engines.
4. Create Content That Rules Fancy graphics, flash and video are great… …but page copy is king.
5. Implement a Linking Strategy Hyperlink keywords in press releases to page-specific content.
6. Launch A Social Media Campaign Social media sites influence page rankings. Launch social media campaigns with embedded keywords.
7. Create Sitemaps Submit sitemaps to search engines. Register your site in online directories.
Implementing an SEO plan will help your company stand out
When it all comes together… it’s a beautiful thing…
<ul><li>Visit us @ williammills.com </li></ul><ul><li>Follow us @ twitter.com/wmagency </li></ul><ul><li>Read our blog @ fintechmarketing.com </li></ul><ul><li>Sign up for our “In Context” newsletter @ williammills.com </li></ul>