Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Prism Forum Wilbanks

921 views

Published on

Slides from my talk to the PRISM forum of pharmaceutical executives on April 15, 2008.

Published in: Business, Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Prism Forum Wilbanks

  1. 1. open pharma innovation and the commons 15 april 2008 PRISM Forum workshop on open innovation North Mymms, U.K.
  2. 2. property theory
  3. 3. the “digital commons”: standard legal tools, accessible to non- lawyers, rendered in machine-readable form, tilted towards sharing the intersection of law and technology
  4. 4. c 100,000,000 objects on the web 500+ peer-reviewed journals uniprot.org nature precedings PLoS
  5. 5. merck accounts for about 1% of biomedical research in the world...to tap into the remaining 99%, we must actively reach out...the cascade of knowledge flowing from biotechnology and the unraveling of the human genome...is far too complex for any one company to handle alone - merck annual report, 2000

×