The latest presentation concerning the digital transformation of transportation. All information and tools about transport open data standard and platform, routing algorithm, smart city, and door-to-door multimodal tools.
What Can Open Transport Data Lead To?
• Public-facing transport applications like journey planners, real-time travel
• Transport planning and analysis applications
• Technology to support new modes of transport (carshare, bikeshare,
dynamic dispatch, etc.)
• Third party involvement in transport information provision
• Freedom from proprietary data management systems and services
• Informal planning coordination among public agencies
Adapted with permission
from Conveyal and ITP
Open Data Promotes Innovation With Low Effort
Agency responds to
requests by developer
and opens it
Small subset of riders find this
specific tool useful.
Many riders access a diverse market of tools
powered by Standard format.
Risk Potential and Remedies
• Incorrect information published
• Using live data feeds allows for corrections made at the source to cascade to active data
• Maintain mailing lists/contact forums for data users
• Data becomes out-of-date
• Set expiration dates on data and plan to take down information
• Old data may be worse than no data at all if it gives wrong information
• Errors by developers are perceived as agency errors
• Include disclaimers and consider restrictions on naming conventions to avoid confusion