1. Make a list of ALL the possible ideas that you can think of to make this happen
2. Brainstorm on each idea with your friends/peers
3. Now that you’ve accomplished your mission statement; enlist ALL the positive side-
affects (Higher literacy, connectivity, employment opportunities etc)
Aren’t those exciting?
Simply put, Social Entrepreneurship is “solving social problems” using Entrepreneurial skills!
Examples of Social enterprises (AMUL- made India largest producer of milk & milk products
in the world; Restaurants like: Veeks & Thomas that employs folks from nearby towns…)
1. Social entrepreneurs are crazily driven by the idea of ‘impactful change’. But hey, they
are still entrepreneurs! So, where others see problem, they see opportunity!
2. Social entrepreneurship is NOT necessarily social service; they can be for-profit too!
But the ‘social impact’ is considered beyond profit concerns.
“Weekend Nuts” Vision:
• To facilitate creative, meaningful, yet, fun weekends for working professionals
• To Promote budding entrepreneurs & local businesses
• To popularize community service
To know more about “Weekend Nuts”, contact the founder: Rupa Patil :
OR to know more about “Social Entrepreneurship” or “Social Entreprise”, leverage online
& offline forums, books & interaction with real-time social entrepreneurs