• Must have at least 4 conflicts listed and labeled (man
vs. man, man vs. nature, man vs. supernatural, man vs.
society, man vs. self)
• Must have at least 4 songs that relate to the 4
• MUST take notes on the lyrics (using highlighter and
pen), showing ways the song relates to the book and
its conflict. You could highlight a line and then off to
the side explain how this fits your song.
• Write a one-page summary of the conflicts and why
each one best fits with the song chosen.
• Must have 3 posters on posterboard
• Must use two or more media: paint, crayons,
chalk, paper, ink, real materials.
• Each poster must depict a different main
event in the story.
• Each poster must have 2-3 paragraphs
describing what is being shown and its
importance to the story. - Must be detailed
or you will be asked to redo this!
• You must write or find 6-7 poems
• They will match with the following criteria:
– Two conflicts
– Two characters
– Setting or theme of novel (the message)
– Two major events
• For each poem, you will print it out and decorate
it with appropriate clipart that fits the theme of
• For bonus points, you can create original music to
go with the poem using Garage Band, or music
bits found on the Internet.
• Some of your poems will be read aloud to the class
• Your newspaper must have at least 6 sections which
include the following:
– Three headline stories (that go with events)
– A comic strip
– Letter to the editor (from a character talking about a
problem in the book)
– One choice section
– You may also have as many optional sections as you
• Your articles MUST be descriptive and give the reader all
relevant information about the event!!
• Your paper must be in color or you will add color on your
• You will show this to the class during your presentation.
• Your interview must include 10 questions
you write and they CANNOT be yes/no
• You will write the answers to the question
you ask (the answers MUST be detailed and
include as much information as possible)
• You may type this up, put it in a PowerPoint,
record yourself with a video camera
interviewing the person, be creative
• You must have 8 slides related to the
– Three slides for rising action
– Falling action
– One choice slide
• Be sure your slides have a LOT of detail on
them (writing) – I need to know what is
going on in your story
• Your scrapbook must have a cover, and 8-10
pages designed to fit your story. Pages should
be designed for the main characters, setting,
main events, climax, resolution, and theme of
the story. Each page should include pictures,
items you glue on, and writing about the page
itself (be descriptive)
• Your blog site should have at least 10 entries
which document how your character is feeling,
what is going on in the story, problems your
character is having. You can include
poems/songs your character would enjoy and
games/fun items your character would enjoy,
but the main part are the 10 written entries (be