10 Characteristics of A Good and Bad Advertising Agency
Looking for an Online
10 Characteristics of a
Good and Bad
Web Marketing Quote
10 Characteristics of a Bad
Online Advertising Agency
1. Inability to See Client’s Business Vision. An online advertising
team who does not think of stepping into the shoes of their
client will surely fail. It is the role of an online advertising agency
to align its online marketing campaign to the business vision of
2. Pretending to Know Everything. As part of every sales
strategy, it’s difficult to say “No” “maybe”or “I’m not sure” to a
potential client. This will result to an inability to meet the client’s
expectations due to lack of knowledge on the online marketing
campaign. To make sure none of these things happen, ask the
online advertising agency for a concrete and comprehensive plan
to effectively implement the campaign.
3. Communication Barriers. There’s always a danger with lack of
communication. Be cautious if your selected online advertising
agency does not ask questions and clarification of the flow of the
marketing campaign or if they do not respond to some of your
queries in the soonest time possible
Title4. Things Will Always Go “Their” Way. Although they might have some knowledge in
advertising a business online, you should always have the upper-hand in
determining what is only necessary for your business. Some online advertising
agencies keep bloating the strategy list for additional payment. Keep in mind the
minimum effective dosage (MED) for your business to build good online
5. Low Quality Output. From time to time, always check the verifiable work output
rendered. You can always check the quality and prevent something “spammy”.
Bear in mind to put quality over quantity, otherwise, the low quality outputs will
ruin your online reputation and brand your business as something annoying.
6. One Strategy Fits All. There is no specific online marketing strategy that is
applicable to all. In fact, even at the start of market research, there are some
strategies that need to be implemented because they complement the nature of
your business. So be wary of predefined packages that do not really fit your
business online marketing needs.
7. Lack of Direction and Focus. Most online advertising agencies forget to rule out
the objectives of their online marketing strategies. The list of tasks is sometimes
exaggerated or dilutes what are only necessary. Check the list of strategies to
implement as ask them how each task can help to your business online marketing
Bad Advertising Agency
8. Staying in the Comfort Zone. Online advertising agencies will always have their
specialization – a particular strategy that they are good at. However, when their
strategy does not answer to the needs of your business, ask them for alternative
ways they still can do efficiently. Otherwise, they would insist on their own with
less impact to you online marketing campaign.
9. Inattentive to Client Follow-Ups. If you are asking for some modifications on the
flow of the online marketing processes, it would take some time for a bad online
advertising agency to implement your desired changes. Effective online marketing
strategies are always discussed by both parties to bring out positive results.
10. Consistently Failing Short-Term Objectives. Online advertising agencies who
always promise to do this and that but always fall short in the end will end up not
reaching the long-term goals of your online marketing campaign. If even the
simple weekly target is not attained, think again of continuing their service after
the last invoice.
10 Qualities of a Good Online
1. Ease of Communication. Good flow of communication is always a primary
indicator of a good marketing partnership. Miscommunication ends up in
undesirable output, and undesirable output ends up in very poor results.
2. Creative Strategies. Beware of online advertising agencies that heavily rely on
some aged internet marketing strategy templates. Instead, ask them to provide a
specific strategy that clearly answers your online marketing needs. You could have
a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threats) analysis together to bring out
the best strategy that is fit for your business.
3. Adept in Implementing Tasks. After randomly checking the delivered work
output, you could gauge the quality of their work. This would define their
expertise level in internet marketing. Needless to say, things that are correctly
done will deliver desired results.
Good Advertising Agency
4. Ability to Design and Redesign Strategies. After implementing a SWOT analysis for
your business, a good advertising agency can come up with a satisfactory design
for your business internet marketing strategy. Should you want some
modifications; a good strategy design can easily blend and absorb your
5. Good Planning and Implementation. A good internet marketing strategy does not
just end up in design. It involves careful planning from market research to content
publication and also promotion; a good advertising agency can effectively
implement all online advertising processes with ease and precision.
6. Good Problem-Solving Skills. Problems will always be encountered inevitably as
the course of internet marketing processes is rolled out. However, a good
advertising agency proves to have proficient decision skills in choosing the best
solutions to any problems. Most of the time, they offer comprehensive
alternatives and ask for client feedback for the decision process.
7. Time Management Skills. A good advertising agency often
adheres to SMART goals
(Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Based).
Things are done easily with excellent quality in a reasonable
8. Considers Client’s ROI. Good advertising agencies can always put
themselves in the client’s position. After all, they’re doing
business and empathize on the concerns of the clients to
maximize the return on their investment.
9. Understand Various Forms of Internet Promotion. In the
internet, there are so many ways to promote your business –
paid and organic search, social media and
networking, promotional videos, infographics, etc. But the real
challenge of an online advertising agency is to understand and
master how to effectively promote businesses in using these
10. Copywriting/Proofreading Skills. A good online advertising
agency never runs out of ideas for content. Aside from
that, contents are also checked from spelling and grammatical
Looking for a Good Advertising