With the pace of innovation today, ideas have become cheaper than ever. Everybody has them. Your big idea in a crowded market is worth nothing... until you figure out how to competitively differentiate your product and connect with a market that cares.
MaRS Advisor Peter Evans discusses marketing. This session will first focus on the unique marketing challenges faced by early stage technology companies. It will also provides proven and practical principles for visioning new products, breaking into a market and building a sustainable business venture.
In this session you learn:
* Why marketing effectiveness often matters as much today as pure product innovation
* How to identify key market trends and better connect with the real needs of potential customers
* How to use “value innovation” methods to competitively design a product as faster, cheaper and better
* Pragmatic ways to position your product and quickly build market acceptance
* How effective marketing must connect to focused business development and sales channel efforts
Whether you're just starting out or fine tuning your marketing strategy, this session describes how marketing plays a key role in your venture.