Successfully reported this slideshow.
MEDDIC or MEDDPICC a sales qualification checklist for Enterprise Sales.
What is MEDDIC in sales?
What does MEDDIC stand for?
Who can deliver a MEDDIC workshop?
MEDDIC workshops for improving sales performance. MEDDIC qualification solution is targeted at the complex high tech B2B sales environment. Applies to early stage SaaS companies up to established sales organizations for a common language for talking about deals.
MEDDIC vs. MEDDICC vs. MEDDPICC
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 1
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 2
• Your Sales Team Misses Quarterly Forecasts
• You Waste Company’s Resources In Pre-Sales Efforts
• Deals Slip Often From One Quarter To The Next
• You Lose Deals You Were Counting On, To Competition, or to “No
• Your Revenue Growth Is not In Line With Your Goals
• Your Profits are eroded due to long and unsuccessful sales campaigns
• Your Sales Force needs better QUALIFICATION skills
Is Your Company Experiencing Any
Of These Challenges?
IF SO, THEN YOUR SALES FORCE NEEDS MEDDIC!
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 3
• It’s the best QUALIFICATION Methodology for Enterprise Sales
• It’s your “check list” for each of your sales campaigns
• It’s our reminder for your next actions
• MEDDIC increases the accuracy of your forecasts
• MEDDIC helps taking off your rose glasses
• No MEDDIC, no sales
• You may miss a sales, just by missing one of the MEDDIC elements
What is MEDDIC ?
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 4
What does MEDDIC stand for ?
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 5
• Quantify & Measure the Potential Gain
• Should lead to the economic justification of the
• Should lead to ROI – Return on Investment
• “My Product reduces cycle time by 4” is a metrics
• “My Product enables tasks which were not possible
until now” is not a metrics.
• “By enabling these new tasks, sales are multiplied by
4” is a metrics.
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 6
• EB is the one who has the power to spend
• Do you know the EB ? Have you met him/her ?
• Have you checked with him/her the decision criteria, and
• What are his/her expectations? (ROI? Justification? Metrics?)
• How about the sources of financing or budget?
• And the timing?
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 7
• What are the criteria used by the company to make the
• What are the technical criteria?
• How about the economic criteria?
• Or Vendor’s criteria?
• Any political criteria?
• What else?
• Check them with all key people in the account including
the champion and the EB.
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 8
• What is the decision process for a typical xxk$
decision in this account?
• What is the decision process for a typical
purchase similar to the one you try to sell?
• List of the persons involved in such a decision?
• How such a decision is made? (committee? One
project manager? The Department VP’s task?).
• How long does it take?
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 9
• Nobody buys until there is a need.
• What are the pains in the company, which would
require your product/service to relieve them?
• What main initiatives are on going right now?
• What are the business pains in the company right
• How are they related to what you are selling?
• Any compelling event?
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 10
• Champion is a powerful and influential person involved who is in
favor of your solution, and sells inside the company.
• Do you have at least one champion?
• Does he/she meet ALL the criteria of being a champion?
• Have you tested him/her as a champion?
• Does he/she know that you are considering them as a champion and
counting on them?
Check Champion Building here.
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 11
Testimonial #1 - Case Study
We hired Darius for a half day Sales coaching session ( Meddic workshop) at
our annual Kick Off meeting and he nailed it. Our Sales team was convinced
that selling in Europe and Asia was "different" than North America. Darius
was able to articulate several key challenges in the MEDDIC process and
Champion building which are applicable globally. This really helped our
sales teams get unified in our process and communications. The
engagement with the sales team was fantastic which was a strong
confirmation that they got it and were ready to adopt a better way to
approach selling. The feedback from the team after the event was great and
there is no doubt that his actions directly impacted that year's sales
results. I highly recommend Darius.
CEO @ Autodesk / Blue Ridge Numerics
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 12
Testimonial #2 - Case Study
We connected with Darius to support our annual kick off meeting with a challenge to
introduce the MEDDIC qualification process to a mixed audience of both technical and
sales staff. Although the time was short, with only 2 x 4 hour sessions, Darius
managed to articulate the message, and most importantly he involved every person in
the room. Our staff left the sessions with an important, new, view on the basic criteria
of qualifying a sales opportunity from both a technical and commercial perspective.
Darius's experience and his ability to transmit the MEDDIC methodology into simple,
logical steps based on actual scenarios, resulted in a significant step forward in our
teams ability to approach sales opportunities in a far more structured manner.
I can highly recommend Darius to deliver strategic methodologies in a form that is simple
to follow, entertaining to experience, and of high value to any sales or technical
VP Global Sales & Marketing @ OPTIS
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 13
Testimonial #3 - Case Study
We wanted a sales intervention around MEDDIC to be carried out to evaluate
gaps in our sales processes. After evaluating multiple options we engaged
with Darius and it was a wonderful experience. His analysis of gaps and
recommendations was sharp and actionable. We implemented some of these
and the result is that 12 months out, our monthly revenue is 3x of what it
was 12 months back.
CEO @ Innoviti Payment Solutions
Update: Feb 2017 ©01consulting - Darius Lahoutifard - 2002-2017 14
Want to implement MEDDIC in your Sales
01consulting Management, an early PTC International Sales Leader, has
successfully delivered MEDDIC workshops to his own teams as well as
to external companies from startups to Fortune 10 companies.