A thoughtpiece from the CSR Training Institute
by Wayne Dunn
Internal stakeholders may be the best investment you can make in the sustainability of your stakeholder engagement and corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs!! Seriously.
We all know examples where the people dealing with communities, stakeholders and responsibilities are ghettoized in a corner of a project or company and not seen as part of the ‘real business’.
Here are seven proven ways to get colleague onboard.
1. What’s in it for them? Think of their interests
2. Build allies, find champions
3. Share stories from their peers
4. Don’t be a do gooder. Keep your organization’s interest paramount
5. Learn their language
6. Be passionate, but not fanatical
7. Assertive Humility: Humble AND assertive
To keep updated on postings and events go to www.csrtraininginstitute.com and sign up for the newsletter