I recently did a piece on 5 mistakes companies make in stakeholder engagement and many of you asked me to give a list of best practices. Here are six.
1. Think Value and Interests – and do it transparently
2. It’s OK to disagree – but, disagree without being disagreeable. And stay curious
3. Do compliance but think and act strategic – check the boxes yes, but that is just the foundation
4. Share the credit, multiply the resources. Find partners!
5. Communicate so you are heard and understood.
6. Define stakeholders broadly and strategically – go beyond compliance